Will Chat Signatures ever be officially supported on the network?

• What if Microsoft/Mojang starts mandating chat signatures? I have no proof that they will, but they probably know that the only way to defeat the reporting system is by not signing messages. So they probably will start mandating chat signatures if they want to force this system on everyone.

Gonna take a wild guess here and say they won't; this is practically just fearmongering at this point with no real evidence.

Why would we even want chat signatures on here in the first place? 🤔

Probably to report abusive messages but idk you tell me

• Gonna take a wild guess here and say they won't; this is practically just fearmongering at this point with no real evidence.

In another thread similar to this one, you made a post why you believe Microsoft/Mojang didn't provide the option for server owners to opt-out of the global reporting system:

Because abusive servers could just opt-out? Invalidating the purpose of the system in the first place?

If server owners could refuse to signing chat messages, it would allow these abusive servers to unofficially opt-out from the reporting system (because reporting someone requires chat signatures), which in turn invalidates the reporting system according to you.

If the system was to be enforced equality, then chat signatures would have to be mandated on every server. Otherwise, like you said, abusive servers could just opt-out and invalidate the purpose of this global moderation system.

• Gonna take a wild guess here and say they won't; this is practically just fearmongering at this point with no real evidence.

In another thread similar to this one, you made a post why you believe Microsoft/Mojang didn't provide the option for server owners to opt-out of the global reporting system:

Because abusive servers could just opt-out? Invalidating the purpose of the system in the first place?

If server owners could refuse to signing chat messages, it would allow these abusive servers to unofficially opt-out from the reporting system (because reporting someone requires chat signatures), which in turn invalidates the reporting system according to you.

If the system was to be enforced equality, then chat signatures would have to be mandated on every server. Otherwise, like you said, abusive servers could just opt-out and invalidate the purpose of this global moderation system.

Server owners can already choose not to send signatures along with messages, which invalidates the reporting. I don't see your point here.

• After all consideration, I have decided to Object to the addition of chat signatures.

I absolutely hate the global moderation system that Microsoft/Mojang has implimented in the 1.19.84 1.19.1 update and the only way to block it is to not impliment chat signatures.