TotalFreedom Network Temporary Outage

• The events server has now been removed, and there will not be an events server for the time being. In the future should there be a requirement for an events server, it will be managed by the Systems Administration team rather than being permitted to be managed or run by the events team due to this issue.

This is why we can't have nice things

ピバラ。

• okay, so with ryan's blessing to give a brief, albiet not super detailed, explanation, two things happened

/reload was not blocked on the events server for whatever reason. /reload was ran a few times which broke permissions, in which (as noted in superryn's post above), he used another command which gave him access to modify perms, not knowing that it'd be network-wide.

here's my warning to y'all in regards to that. if something like this happens and you're able to access stuff that lets you mess with permissions, tell ryan or myself immediately. you'll not be in trouble if you report the issue and then leave it alone. once you start messing with it, then you start landing yourself in trouble.

i would very much like for there to not be a repeat of this again. thank you.

1gaah.png