1.19.1 has been released as of today

• it's still a terrible idea regardless and i can absolutely see people being mass reported and banned. there's no way there won't be automated bans n such. no way that this won't go poorly.

1gaah.png

• it's still a terrible idea regardless and i can absolutely see people being mass reported and banned. there's no way there won't be automated bans n such. no way that this won't go poorly.

I guess time will tell since the cat's been let out of the bag

Apparently Nodus Gaslight (allows forging signed messages, adding fake messages, etc.) hasn't been patched. This is going to be an absolute disaster

We are now releasing pre-release 5 for Minecraft 1.19.1. This pre-rel… · nodusclient/gaslight@2055c0a
    …ease includes the remaining fixes for a known exploit regarding player report context
    github.com

Though it'll probably not work on most servers that have a custom PM system (like this one)

ピバラ。

• This is going to be an absolute disaster and I can already see countless false reports and mass bans going around. Microsoft is trying too hard to make everything family friendly and it's failing miserably.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• Official Post

no way my favorite update of all time 1.19.1

watch that controversy blow over within a matter of weeks or months :skull:

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• watch that controversy blow over within a matter of weeks or months :skull:

You're right, but at the same time people are going to hate it for a long ass time, and then there are those who are going to abuse the fuck out of it to make sure that no one gets to play the game anymore.

That's just how I see it.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• It's another one of those situations that doesn't effect me since I don't play multiplayer at all (excluding this server). Though for those worried I heard many servers already have plug-ins to disable the moderation tab. I know people want an actual official option to opt out, but at least the community is great enough to do it itself, even though it shouldn't have to. Not many game fanbases get to flaunt that they can literally fix the official dev's mistakes.

Also mentioned this before but what about discord-linked chat? How the hell are Microsoft gonna deal with that? Because I'm sure we aren't the only server that uses it. It's serious considering it links an unrelated program to a Microsoft property, one with a very different ToS. Worst case scenario is that Mojang bans plugins that work that way from the whole game with a ToS update, but I want an official response.

According to quantum mechanics, unless something is observed, there is an equal chance of it both being and not being there. Hence it is said to be in superposition, until observed. However we are somehow fully certain, despite never having directly observed, that you indeed have no bitches. Your bitchlessness has broken the rules quantum mechanics had established. Indeed an impressive feat.

• They don't because it's not their platform.

It does use their in-game chat. Something they've not taken responsibility to moderate. It's something to really consider.

According to quantum mechanics, unless something is observed, there is an equal chance of it both being and not being there. Hence it is said to be in superposition, until observed. However we are somehow fully certain, despite never having directly observed, that you indeed have no bitches. Your bitchlessness has broken the rules quantum mechanics had established. Indeed an impressive feat.

• Also mentioned this before but what about discord-linked chat? How the hell are Microsoft gonna deal with that?

They won't, because those messages are not signed by a Minecraft account's private key.

It does use their in-game chat. Something they've not taken responsibility to moderate. It's something to really consider.

Read the above response.

In this case I can only see them either ignoring this completely or banning any plugins that link external messaging platforms to Minecraft's in-game chat. Not soon, but eventually.

• In this case I can only see them either ignoring this completely or banning any plugins that link external messaging platforms to Minecraft's in-game chat. Not soon, but eventually.

Mojang have no authority to, and will not, ban plugins/mods that implement that behaviour.

They've stated in their EULA that they're fine with people modding the game to add whatever they want, unless it's for griefing. Which a Discord integration plugin/mod certainly isn't.

Edited once, last by Allink (July 29, 2022 at 9:03 AM).