Creating a play-test team

• As part of an effort to make sure that we're getting better at testing new features before they go onto our production servers, and as we start to look at rolling out additional game modes to the network, I'm looking to stand up a play-test team from across our community. These individuals from across the various ranks of the current community will work with game mode owners, the development team and myself to get early access to and test capability.

If all goes well and we need to grow the team out (Which hopefully we do) a more formal application process will be put in place, but for this initial round, if you're interested just provide the following info on reply to this thread

Code: Application Template
    IGN:

Potential time per week able to support testing:

(In a couple of sentences max) Why would you like to help test new functionality for TF?:

In terms of what we will need from you is some commitment of time (Probably on average will be half an hour to an hour per week, though worth noting some weeks there will be very little testing, some weeks we will have a lot so just be aware of that) and your willingness to write up findings as instructed.

In return, you get a shiny new forum rank (When I create it), access to our pre-release servers and the ability to play with new shiny stuff before anyone else, as well as the ability to help shape what we're doing with TF.

This is open (And encouraged) of all ranks, and the better coverage we get in terms of staff and regular players the better.

As a note, developers please don't apply, you already should be doing this :P

Any questions just drop me a DM because I'd like the thread to please be left clear for folks to apply if interested.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• IGN: RedEastWood

Potential time per week able to support testing: 14 hours per week

(In a couple of sentences max) Why would you like to help test new functionality for TF?: Yhyh cmonnnnn I just wanna help and I’m dependable so cmonnnnn

• IGN: CoconutCereal

Potential time per week able to support testing: 7-14 hours a week. Maybe more.

(In a couple of sentences max) Why would you like to help test new functionality for TF?: I've got free time and I want to help out more than just be an admin. Also a lot of the suggestions are mine :P

• IGN: DeadSavior

Potential time per week able to support testing: 20 hours per week

(In a couple of sentences max) Why would you like to help test new functionality for TF?:Because I got nothing else to do and I already have experience testing stuff oh and I'm on summer break so I can be on for a long time

E3rayehWUAQJUGj.jpg?width=1047&height=588

• IGN: DragonSlayer2189

Potential time per week able to support testing: 7-12 hours depending on my workload

(In a couple of sentences max) Why would you like to help test new functionality for TF?: I am extremely well versed in a lot of the behind the scenes workings of our servers, having made multiple tools which hook directly into them for various purposes, additionally I am always extremely thorough with my investigations weather that be researching for a player report, testing plugins, going though code, etc. On top of this I already do a lot of testing myself, and have worked with tf devs in the past on a few custom plugins, including the testing of said plugins.

Here is an example of one of my many bits of research, in this one I was comparing the efficiency between using different methods of storing data with CoreProtect (Project is from February of 2021):

Coreprotect Anylsis
    The Process So, I have been hearing a lot of complaints about coreprotect, specificily, the issues of there being logs which are not correct (players/admins…
    docs.google.com

the aforementioned tools I have worked on include the following (I will not be directly linking to any as that would be distributing admin only resources):

- Telnet Performance Logging Tool

- Netdata Performance Logging Tool

- Punishment Log Parser (lead by Files, with some additional contributions from me)

- Unnamed tool for interfacing with our panel systems

• IGN: PatoCalzoncillo

Potential time per week able to support testing: 10 hours per week

(In a couple of sentences max) Why would you like to help test new functionality for TF?:
    I'd like to help as much as I can so freedom gets more features as I play there usually and also I want to apply for staff in some months so it'd be cool to work with staffs already so I can know what's it like

>w< pat me pleasee pat mee pleaseeeeee

• 1. IGN: Alco_Rs11

2. Potential time per week able to support testing: Minimum of 3 hours a week.

3. (In a couple of sentences max) Why would you like to help test new functionality for TF?: I would like to test new functionality primarily because if we want to consider new game modes, I can provide feedback if the game mode or feature is crap or not.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• IGN: Deauthorized

Potential time per week able to support testing: 5-7 hours, though it may vary as my personal life has been a mess lately

(In a couple of sentences max) Why would you like to help test new functionality for TF?: I have some experience testing stuff when it comes to programs, and have a pretty decent idea on how to purposely break things. And also because why not.

ピバラ。

• 1. IGN: fleshly_

2. Potential time per week able to support testing: At least 4 hours within a week

3. (In a couple of sentences max) Why would you like to help test new functionality for TF?: I just want to be involved with the server more, and tbh if I have enough control over something I will always end up breaking it no matter what so I guess that could be useful for finding vulnerabilities.

• Code
    IGN:matscalle

Potential time per week able to support testing:
    5-10 hours per week if im not to bussy
    cause i like to fuck up shit and i would like to bug out everything i see on your testing server

:evil: :evil: :evil:

codium multimatter redanium sporres

• IGN: keli5

Potential time per week able to support testing: I'm available most of the day throughout the week currently.

(In a couple of sentences max) Why would you like to help test new functionality for TF?: Simply put, I like playing on the server and want to see it improve, and help that process however I can

keli5

:!:trans rights are human rights! :!:

• IGN: Feueristic

Potential time per week able to support testing: around 3-4 hours

As a previously extremely active and still occasionally active OP/MB, I would love to provide my time for development efforts for the server to improve, and I would love to see more previously well-recieved but forgotten or put-on-the-backest-of-the-backburner suggestions be at least re-recognized, and also the recent new changes. Would also love to represent the absolutely miniscule playerbase of non-admin MBs.

C'est la vie

• IGN: characterslimits

Potential time per week able to support testing: 40 hours per week

(In a couple of sentences max) Why would you like to help test new functionality for TF?: Because I would like to improve the overall stability of the server by being the first to test new functionality and find bugs sooner so they don't arise on production environments.