Unblock /near command

• unknown.png

It would be much preferred and appreciated that the /near command should be capped to 1000 blocks instead of being upright blocked as it is a useful command to see if anyone is around and can help in a scenario where there is a troll or griefer.

🎷the one, the only, saxophone man

• Short explanation on why the distance's uncapped: you're OP and EssentialsX treats you as such. Either someone wastes time to edit, recompile and test a new build of the plugin to make sure each one of the tons of commands play well with TFM, or we switch to permission nodes.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Did people seriously use this command to triangulate players?

i know i did

you could just ‘/near 1000000’ and try to move closer to a player, eventually you would get to them (unless, of course, they logged off, in which case you might still be able to use math to determine where they are)

i’m pretty sure i was warned for spamming ‘/near’ once

• Short explanation on why the distance's uncapped: you're OP and EssentialsX treats you as such. Either someone wastes time to edit, recompile and test a new build of the plugin to make sure each one of the tons of commands play well with TFM, or we switch to permission nodes.

Legit was said long ago that we should switch to permission nodes but lots of people lost their heads over it because "It's not actually free OP!!!"

Yeah. Neither is having half of all the commands on the server blocked.

According to quantum mechanics, unless something is observed, there is an equal chance of it both being and not being there. Hence it is said to be in superposition, until observed. However we are somehow fully certain, despite never having directly observed, that you indeed have no bitches. Your bitchlessness has broken the rules quantum mechanics had established. Indeed an impressive feat.

A competent developer makes the code reusable so you don't have to write the same thing over and over again and don't have to recompile and test every command

• A competent developer makes the code reusable so you don't have to write the same thing over and over again and don't have to recompile and test every command

Hold on, I recall you were the one manually replacing all node checks with TFM's IsAdmin()

Why not just set essentials.near.maxexempt as an explict negative?

To my understanding, the server isn't using permission nodes and the plugins won't detect TFM. If some of them need to behave differently according to the player's rank, we need to edit the plugin's code to query TFM.

• Reread what I said carefully

I still don't get what are you saying. EssentialsX can't detect TFM and falls back to permissions.yml, which is empty, and full OP bypass. You and other devs took time to manually add TFM integration and replace the relevant code with TFM's functions. If EssentialsX devs change something and merge conflicts arise, you have to start over. And you never integrated all commands, some are still bypassing TFM like /tree or /bigtree so we had to completely block them with TFM's or WorldGuarld's command blocker, or the damage is at least easy to undo.

• If EssentialsX devs change something and merge conflicts arise, you have to start over. And

No. I have never deleted the project and started over due to a merge conflict. I simply fix the merge conflicts and go on with my day. You do not have to start over if there is a merge conflict and I have no idea why you think this. You are most likely confused because I maintained a separate TF-EssentialsX fork from the one that is officially worked on by TF.

And you never integrated all commands, some are still bypassing TFM like /tree or /bigtree so we had to completely block them with TFM's or WorldGuarld's command blocker, or the damage is at least easy to undo.

I tried to block them but people complained and wanted them unblocked for building purposes. And /tree is a world edit command if I recall.