A few suggestions

• So a few things:

I find the contrast on dark mode to be pretty bad. The color for posts is slightly gray instead of white which simply is harder to read on an already gray-ish background.

And secondly, I personally only use the recently updated threads to actually use the forums. Is there any way we can make a better distinction between unread posts vs read posts? Sure, flarum did it in bold, but it felt like it was a stronger bold. Also, the unread post count lit up with a number of new posts as an indicator as well.

Also, the "threads that match your title" is listing threads that are 100% irrelevant

• Telesphoreo July 17, 2022 at 3:08 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Two suggestions” to “A few suggestions”.
  • is there also a way to show recent posts at the very top, as opposed to recent activity. as in make it purely just posts. i don’t particularly care if someone liked a comment, but I would like to see if a new post was made.

• Official Post

Also, the "threads that match your title" is listing threads that are 100% irrelevant

This might now be fixed, I hadn't done a re-build of the indexes since I did the initial import, now everything is where it should be and a new site rebuild has ran, I'm hoping that might be less rubbish. If not it might just prove to be something Woltlab isn't great at.

And secondly, I personally only use the recently updated threads to actually use the forums. Is there any way we can make a better distinction between unread posts vs read posts? Sure, flarum did it in bold, but it felt like it was a stronger bold. Also, the unread post count lit up with a number of new posts as an indicator as well.

The entire of the recently updated threads is something I've homebrew made and isn't something Woltlab supports, there is an "Unread Posts" option which will show at the top when you have unread posts, likewise you'll see the number on the boards to show how many unread threads there are that have been updated since you last looked. I'll see down the road if there's anything I can do to improve the recently updated threads.

I find the contrast on dark mode to be pretty bad. The color for posts is slightly gray instead of white which simply is harder to read on an already gray-ish background.

This theme during the testing was the one most people preferred which is why I've gone back to it now, if people would like to suggest other ones or make their own, I'm 100% happy for that to be a thing, but would ask they're on dedicated threads one thread per theme suggested.

is there also a way to show recent posts at the very top, as opposed to recent activity. as in make it purely just posts. i don’t particularly care if someone liked a comment, but I would like to see if a new post was made.

I'm not sure what you mean here?

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Is it not possible to change the text color? I know you can on xenforo. Also why do your posts say official post?

• Official Post

Is it not possible to change the text color?

It'd require me to see if I can fuck with the theme as colours are theme specific. I'll have a look but I'm also wary that changing theme settings will only work until they release an update that we pull in as Woltlab has a pretty good way to update themes and dependancies.

Also why do your posts say official post?

Forum staff's posts default to "Official Posts". It's a Woltlab default and I've not fucked with it yet, might roll it out to more groups or change it but not sure yet.

• I too am a bit bothered by how hard is to distinguish between read and unread threads, and it's happening with all styles.

My guess is that Flarum also slightly changed the font colour, like Discord's dark theme does.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• I too am a bit bothered by how hard is to distinguish between read and unread threads, and it's happening with all styles.

My guess is that Flarum also slightly changed the font colour, like Discord's dark theme does.

Threads with unread messages usually have a number next to them, like Discord does. I agree that the current theming sucks though.

ピバラ。

• I find the contrast on dark mode to be pretty bad. The color for posts is slightly gray instead of white which simply is harder to read on an already gray-ish background.

I've made the text a bit lighter, hopefully that's now better?

I don't think I have a good way to do this, so the current recently updated threads is the best it's probably going to get.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 November 4, 2022 at 4:08 PM

Closed the thread.