[Suggestion] Dynamic Notification Counter / Dynamic Thread List

• The notification counter will not update/go up in numbers unless you refresh the page that you are currently on. I am suggestion changing this behavior to match Flarums' dynamically updating notification counter. I am also suggesting the same thing with threads: Right now, we need to refresh the page to see new threads, I suggest matching the behavior of Flarum once more, by automatically showing new threads on the feed.

I have found a plugin for the dynamic threads: [link] but not for the notifications.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• Official Post

The notification counter will not update/go up in numbers unless you refresh the page that you are currently on. I am suggestion changing this behavior to match Flarums' dynamically updating notification counter. I am also suggesting the same thing with threads: Right now, we need to refresh the page to see new threads, I suggest matching the behavior of Flarum once more, by automatically showing new threads on the feed.

I have found a plugin for the dynamic threads: [link] but not for the notifications.

So it does I believe but it only does it on a periodic frequency, it was one of the new features in this version of Woltlab. They show up for me on Firefox on my laptop without issue and without refreshing. I'll check that is the case but I think this should be native functionality but just not real time.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Official Post

What would that period be? I haven't been notified of this post which was ~5 minutes ago at the time of writing this before I refreshed the page

I want to say 15 mins but without going and checking I'm honestly not sure.

• wild1145 September 18, 2022 at 1:02 AM

Closed the thread.