Ren - Admin Application

heliumpluto effort working towards helping and aiding the player base

@SaturnRayo I haven’t seen something that indicates your abilities as a candidate for admin

MagAgentV3 Object I have not seen you doing anything helpful

Alco_Rs11 but I have not seen you actually helping out by reporting rulebreakers, helping OPs, etc.

can i just ask what in particular ren (and other applicants) can do in the current state of tf

player reports? as in the ones that get dealt with almost instantly because an admin is on a lot of the time? especially given ren’s timezone is lyicx’s meaning lyicx is likely to deal with it before she gets the chance?

‘Helping ops’ is too broad. i don’t personally expect potential admins to go around going ‘how can i help ops’ cuz if they do they’ll be accused of being powerhungry.

also don’t bullshit me with that ‘says nsfw stuff’ shit

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

MagAgentV3 Mostly reporting players as tf has seen not that many real new players

Luke player reports? as in the ones that get dealt with almost instantly because an admin is on a lot of the time? especially given ren’s timezone is most likely lyicx’s meaning lyicx is likely to deal with it before she gets the chance?

cmon man

117 This seems a bit BIAS no?

if you can read my original vouch, i already admitted theres factors that'd lead to a bias. i think people were bound to see it anyway even if she had a large presence independent of me. however it is still a belief i should be allowed to hold and i understand the handful of reasons already presented in this thread (i.e only being relevant recently and due to myself).

117 Objekt I dont know you and Ive been playing for a week nowf

and who the fuck are you exactly? i did a background check since after two hours of account creation you posted your original objection. im genuinely curious because your ip doesn't match anyone on the server either

Folfy_Blue every time a more “mature” topic is brought up (LGBT rights, discussion on whether a member should be sanctioned, the application of the rules, to name a few I’ve came across), whilst most members of the community would come to state their thoughts or opinion, Renzo either remained quiet during the period of the discussion or talked about something entirely off-topic and mostly got ignored by everyone else who were talking about the main issue at hand, actively avoiding any mature topics.

i dont think avoiding currently mature discussions really deducts from a persons overall maturity but thats just me. im just thinking as an operator its not really something that would matter to you if it was server current affairs (although admittedly if you're gonna be more dedicated to the server, should be something you're likely to be more engaged in but yet again not everyone has opinions on anything) and people aint always in the mood to talk about LGBT Rights or world current affairs

Folfy_Blue Renzo’s entire message history and interaction with the community can be summed up to this:

i think i asked for instances of ren's sexual comments primarily. but looking at this its somewhat fair critisism, you said it yourself since the app has gone up since which does show it can improve when its said which is how, yeah people improve. but i know theres been RECENT instances where shes engaged with other people. admittedly they started it, took it off server and unfortunately had ulterior motives meaning i had to step in anyway, as a partner. wasn't admin at the time and i doubt they're making a return so, that problem was solved there. still its one instance she wanted me to name but it does show engagement with new people, or just people that are not me.

Folfy_Blue Nobody has any idea who Ren is outside of “Lyicx’s gf”

was another point that was practically beaten like a dead horse at this point. its funny because she's expressed concern that this'd be the case that people would only properly know her because of myself, and turns out she was right.

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

Nobody has any idea who Ren is outside of “Lyicx’s gf”

i knew who ren was before she even met lyicx

anyway uh vouch i think ren would be cool on the admin team or something

lyicx (although admittedly if you’re gonna be more dedicated to the server, should be something you’re likely to be more engaged in but yet again not everyone has opinions on anything)

This is honestly my main concerns, it shows a huge lack of engagement in the server, in my opinion at the very least.

lyicx i know theres been RECENT instances where shes engaged with other people.

I know, and once again, I greatly encourage this behavior, which I think is a very good step in the right direction

lyicx turns out she was right.

I'm sorry for her but it is something to point out

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• Vouch, Ren is more than capable of handling the responsibilities as Admin, and I believe that she will do an amazing job as Admin. Ren is online quite a bit during the week so she can definitely hold the fort when no other staff is online or able to join the server.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• i dont even know who half of the people in this thread are. if you don't meet ren ingame, i don't think you can really form a good opinion on her "just being lyicxs gf". No, she's a great builder, nice, and has an alright sense of humour. I think that if you just look at someones chat logs it paints a barren picture instead of actually going out of your way to see if you know them, Folfy only knows her as "lyicx gf". Well, i ve never seen folfy online and i only see them as "oh yeah furry person on forums". See?

• Vouch. I think reducing someone to "just being lyicx's gf" is a pretty unfair way to look at someone.

Imo, if they have the self-control and courtesy to handle the mop correctly when the situation warrants, then why not?

ピバラ。

Luke almost instantly because an admin is on a lot of the time?

Not exactly. There might be some illusion that the admins are always there because there are admins from diff time zones, but this is not the case.
    In any case even if the admin is online, he doesn't have his eyes on every block in the server, meaning that players can help him with reporting rule breakers.

Luke going ‘how can i help ops’ cuz if they do they’ll be accused of being powerhungry.

How and why exactly? Either you are saying that potentially all of the admins are powerhungry or I am getting ya wrong.

Luke can i just ask what in particular ren (and other applicants) can do in the current state of tf

How's the current state of tf really changing anything? If it's really about that there's many admin who can be online (like you said in your reports point), then this application probably isn't needed as supposedly there are admins active all around the clock no?

Anyway to make this somewhat on topic, still couldn't see something that makes Ren fit for admin (if you want me to recall from yesterday, she asked players to stop spamming minecarts and entities, After lyicx told her to say that).
    Therefore, I remain neutral.

@SaturnRayo In any case even if the admin is online, he doesn’t have his eyes on every block in the server, meaning that players can help him with reporting rule breakers.

and how are ops that cast votes meant to see stuff like /report or private dms? in fact, if theres 10 ops all yelling ‘admin griefer’ why would we also expect every applicant to do the same

@SaturnRayo How and why exactly?

cuz tf is tf and thats whats happened in the past countless times

@SaturnRayo How’s the current state of tf really changing anything?

if theres less players theres less admin applicants can do to help

@SaturnRayo if you want me to recall from yesterday, she asked players to stop spamming minecarts and entities, After lyicx told her to say that

you're not gonna know you need to wipe your arse until your parents tell you.

not everyone is going to have that "admin instinct" before jump.

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• I would also like to see Ren answer all of the mentioned concerns by people who object, right now Lyicx and Luke are doing all the answering for her

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.