Ren - Admin Application

• People here are confusing the issue with Ren’s association with Lyicx.

The major concern is the appearance of an unfair advantage, with key points of evidence being Ren’s seemingly agreed on irrelevance before Lyicx made the “Ren and Lyicx fan club” and then ultimately dating her (taken word for word from his own post, not trying to be rude).

Previous applicants have gained popularity and support on their own, but it seems that Ren has had it handed to her. Lyicx himself admitted that Ren was not particularly known before he made her known. The lack of action from Ren herself is what’s causing people to object.

Luke lets not try to overcorrect; there are players that were more obscure than ren who still got to power and let’s not object just cuz she’s associated with lyicx

I think my clarification above should serve as a response to this. Saying “lets not object just cuz of shes associated with lyicx” ignores a lot of context as to why people are objecting in the first place.

Luke otherwise we’re doing exactly what we’re trying to stop.

You haven’t explained what this means at all - it’s very vague so I don’t know how to respond here.

Another key concern

I had not thought of this concern until I read Folfy’s post. Ren very rarely interacts with the community unless Lyicx is online, and she interacts with other people even less. Folly provides evidence   Folfy_Blue here.

Luke can i just ask what in particular ren (and other applicants) can do in the current state of tf

player reports? as in the ones that get dealt with almost instantly because an admin is on a lot of the time? especially given ren’s timezone is lyicx’s meaning lyicx is likely to deal with it before she gets the chance?

‘Helping ops’ is too broad. i don’t personally expect potential admins to go around going ‘how can i help ops’ cuz if they do they’ll be accused of being powerhungry.

Ren should at least be known as something other than “Lyicx’s girlfriend”. She should at least interact with community members independently of Lyicx, and she should at least stay on and play the game even if Lyicx isn’t online.

lyicx but i know theres been RECENT instances where shes engaged with other people. admittedly they started it, took it off server and unfortunately had ulterior motives meaning i had to step in anyway, as a partner. wasn’t admin at the time and i doubt they’re making a return so, that problem was solved there. still its one instance she wanted me to name but it does show engagement with new people, or just people that are not me.

this “example” is fucking ridiculous and you know it. this is an admin application and the fact that you have used an instance where someone else started an interaction with ren for ulterior motives as evidence of her interacting with other people is fucking stupid man. ive genuinely tried to be patient with you defending your girlfriend here but this point would not stand if it was anyone or anything else.

RedEastWood Ren should at least be known as something other than “Lyicx’s girlfriend”. She should at least interact with community members independently of Lyicx, and she should at least stay on and play the game even if Lyicx isn’t online.

ah bud i wasnt arguing or disputing that im saying in general saying ‘help out more’ is unhelpful and ridiculous

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

Luke in general saying ‘help out more’ is unhelpful and ridiculous

I mean it kinda makes sense even if said in general. I could probably reinstate back to my old admin position but I fall in the same category.

With that being said, I have no clue who Ren actually is, had no idea she was even Lyicx's actual GF, although like I said I'm not the most active in the community. However, I tend to catch onto shit I miss out on when I drop off for weeks or months fairly fast, including new members of the community. The fact I haven't with Ren kinda says something to me about her actual impact in-game.

Take Red's advice for now and if you're rejected work towards getting a bigger notice in the community for the month you'll wait to reapply. Activity also does matter as an admin, and not to mention if you're online at the times Lyicx is it's not as valuable as if you're online during your own times, especially when there's not many admins on. I don't have doubts about your trustworthiness since I highly doubt lyicx would recommend someone detrimental or is a big enough simp. Still a simp. Just not that big of a simp.

According to quantum mechanics, unless something is observed, there is an equal chance of it both being and not being there. Hence it is said to be in superposition, until observed. However we are somehow fully certain, despite never having directly observed, that you indeed have no bitches. Your bitchlessness has broken the rules quantum mechanics had established. Indeed an impressive feat.

• Just a two cents, I've been seeing them try to interact with people and no one ever responds to them? Like 4 times now

How are they going to be "a helpful member of TF" if no one responds back to them?

ketchup aX0Qxn3.png

Beta_Alpha I don’t have doubts about your trustworthiness since I highly doubt lyicx would recommend someone detrimental or is a big enough simp. Still a simp. Just not that big of a simp.

if she can cull my current identity crisis and proven to be trustworthy personally (like fuck i've told her a lot of shit i know its been around 2 or so months but still delicate shit) then i can safely put my trust in them as an administrator on a minecraft server.

RedEastWood this “example” is fucking ridiculous and you know it. this is an admin application and the fact that you have used an instance where someone else started an interaction with ren for ulterior motives as evidence of her interacting with other people is fucking stupid man. ive genuinely tried to be patient with you defending your girlfriend here but this point would not stand if it was anyone or anything else.

yeah admittedly it was pretty stupid, i even had second thoughts. but it was the one instance ren brought up to me and was irritated about when people said she didn't interact with people but seemed keen for it to be pointed out

ClayCoconut Just a two cents, I’ve been seeing them try to interact with people and no one ever responds to them? Like 4 times now

How are they going to be “a helpful member of TF” if no one responds back to them?

i've seen this myself, twice today alone. im curious to hear myself because i dont think people can sit there and be like "right you're only known for what you're up to with lyicx" yet when she comes in to say hi to people on her own accord and make more of a name for herself she gets completely blanked. its a pisstake really

Folfy_Blue I would also like to see Ren answer all of the mentioned concerns by people who object, right now Lyicx and Luke are doing all the answering for her

im aware im doing a lot of the speaking on behalf of ren at this point. i've told her at somepoint she's gonna have to be the one to respond to these concerns. because i'm not ren, i might be as close as humanly possible to her n shit but i can only go so far defending her like, i cant answer like ren or give every scenario from her POV. i feel i've done the best i could for her but i also understand some of the points brought up against her yk.

that and she dont want me typing anymore so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

lyicx like fuck i’ve told her a lot of shit i know its been around 2 or so months but still delicate shit

No offense but this isnt about you and that has no correlation to this app. This is about other people trusting her as an admin, not you personally.

You are also the one responding to every objection on this application, you have no relevance in this post and you shouldnt be the one replying.

ClayCoconut Just a two cents, I’ve been seeing them try to interact with people and no one ever responds to them? Like 4 times now

How are they going to be “a helpful member of TF” if no one responds back to them?

lyicx i’ve seen this myself, twice today alone. im curious to hear myself because i dont think people can sit there and be like “right you’re only known for what you’re up to with lyicx” yet when she comes in to say hi to people on her own accord and make more of a name for herself she gets completely blanked. its a pisstake really

There's a lot more Ren can do besides talking to people. Does suck if people flat out ignore her but with how this community is you have to be a near psycho or really well versed with inside jokes and the server as a whole to be considered "well-known" in the community. Or just be memeable. There're definitely staff members that aren't that social here but still do great jobs, so she doesn't have to try and talk to everyone she meets if she doesn't want to. Focus on just being active in-game and helping players who ask for help, posting on the forums (even replying to discussion with your own input is a good way to make impressions) and just being a casual member of the community is enough.

Like I said, I feel as if it's more about activity than it is about people talking to her.

According to quantum mechanics, unless something is observed, there is an equal chance of it both being and not being there. Hence it is said to be in superposition, until observed. However we are somehow fully certain, despite never having directly observed, that you indeed have no bitches. Your bitchlessness has broken the rules quantum mechanics had established. Indeed an impressive feat.

• What else I fucking dislike is ren not replying to any of this shit. It’s borderline actually pissing me off. Why is Lyicx the only one defending every objection to her?

Her silence and the fact that Lyicx is the one defending the objections against her gives more credence to the whole “she grew off Lyicx” narrative.

•   RedEastWood I am sorry for not replying, but i would like to say i have not asked lyicx to respond to any of my objections - he has done this on his own accord and i have told him not to as i have been trying to find a way to respond. I would just like to say also:

when im attempting to be an active player and talk to OPs when they join, though i rarely get a responce i do tp and try and interact. Ive playd on tf almost daily for a while, and i have reported players breaking rules before.

• bro what yall want her to be known as? epic amazing op that is famous and has 100 million yt subs??
    bro everyone starts somewhere and i can guarantee half the admins or more we've had have started as nobodies

117 No offense but this isnt about you and that has no correlation to this app. This is about other people trusting her as an admin, not you personally.

You are also the one responding to every objection on this application, you have no relevance in this post and you shouldnt be the one replying.

Strictly speaking, you're the one here violating the admin application conduct. Either ask the applicant a direct query or pipe down please.

That goes for everyone, either re-read the posting rules for applications, or expect for me to start aggressively moderating this because I'm honestly sick of some of this shit. If you haven't got a comment for the applicant or a question then you shouldn't be posting, and you absolutely shouldn't be replying / challenging other responses on here.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• This application is full of neutral votes and is basically doomed, however I decide to vouch because I think she's alright and can do a good job.

Bonus content: this sign board near End's spawn point as evidence Ren was already active around Nov 2021.

ren01.png

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• It's been a long time, but now I'm ready to make my verdict.

It's true that when this application was initially filed, Ren wasn't very well known in the community and Lyicx's relationship had an influence one way or another as a result. But, it's been a month and enough has changed since then for me to be able to process the application comfortably.

Ultimately, given recent events I've decided to approve this application. Because Lyicx is currently in a personal relationship with Ren, he will be tasked with helping whoever trains her, which is probably going to be Erin, myself, or another Senior Admin.

With that being said, I must stress to both the applicant and Lyicx that they should ensure that they prioritize their admin duties over the lovey dovey shit when they are on the server.

Congratulations.