Allow the permission node essentials.nick.allowunsafe

• no what

what if someone is spamming slurs with a nickname with &k

also

@' ' I want to make my nickname invisible

also imo you shouldnt do that cuz we need to know who exactly u are

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Usually I'd be pretty okay with this since it could allow for someone to add symbols to their nickname or whatever but

@' ' I want to make my nickname invisible

But upon realising things like this could be done.. it's an objection.

Quoting the community guidelines...

6) Don’t make it awkward for staff or other players to interact with you.

Our community’s primary language is English, and we ask that in public threads, channels and messaging you use English as a general rule of thumb. This also extends to nick’s, usernames and similar. As a general rule if I can’t type your nickname / username on my English Keyboard, you’re making life difficult for our staff!

Invisible and untypable usernames break that guideline.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• give it like 2 weeks before someone finds some random character that lags everyone out when you put it in your nick. or everyone has an invisible nick

and this too

erin Quoting the community guidelines…

1. Don’t make it awkward for staff or other players to interact with you.

object

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• Many people have shared some issues with allowing non-alphanumeric characters, but we already have some users on Discord with non-alphanumeric nicknames, so I don't get it why it would be a problem for it to be added into the Minecraft server.

Additionally we already can use non-alphanumeric tags already, which is even more of a reason why we should also be allowed to use non-alphanumeric nicknames.

Vouch on the condition /nickclean removes these characters and anyone that abuses non-alphanumeric characters is punished as appropriate.

• Many people have shared some issues with allowing non-alphanumeric characters, but we already have some users on Discord with non-alphanumeric nicknames, so I don't get it why it would be a problem for it to be added into the Minecraft server.

The issue is here people would be abusing the allowunsafe permission node to use the obfuscation decoration with chinese characters which can really lag a game. I know you can use color codes and such in your Discord names but that's never been supported; it's actually an issue with stripColor that up until now nobody has bothered to fix. It was fixed a few months ago but with the release cycle being what it is I'd wager it'll be a while until the fix version gets deployed.

Additionally we already can use non-alphanumeric tags already, which is even more of a reason why we should also be allowed to use non-alphanumeric nicknames.

The obfuscation decoration is stripped from tags, and tags aren't as integral as a display name.

Vouch on the condition /nickclean removes these characters and anyone that abuses non-alphanumeric characters is punished as appropriate.

This is just extra effort for the admins which they wouldn't have to put in if the node was disabled.

• The issue is here people would be abusing the allowunsafe permission node to use the obfuscation decoration with chinese characters which can really lag a game. I know you can use color codes and such in your Discord names but that's never been supported; it's actually an issue with stripColor that up until now nobody has bothered to fix. It was fixed a few months ago but with the release cycle being what it is I'd wager it'll be a while until the fix version gets deployed.

Still doesn't change the fact unicode characters are allowed on Discord

tags aren't as integral as a display name.

Disagree, tags are what represents people. For example, admins have an [Admin] tag that represents they're an admin. Also, users set tags that represents they're a member of a group or guild (since TF-Guilds has been archived and removed from the server). You're saying those isn't as integral?

This is just extra effort for the admins which they wouldn't have to put in if the node was disabled.

Don't care, and I'm up for it if it means granting players on the server extra freedom.

Nope. In my opinion, names must be always readable. We aren't Elon Musk's children.

And this is why /nickclean exists.

Actually, forget about /nickclean. Discord on #freedom-01-server-chat lists the real name of a player anyway.

• Still doesn't change the fact unicode characters are allowed on Discord

Yeah... Because all characters are UTF-8 more often than not nowadays, your point?

Disagree, tags are what represents people. For example, admins have an [Admin] tag that represents they're an admin. Also, users set tags that represents they're a member of a group or guild (since TF-Guilds has been archived and removed from the server). You're saying those isn't as integral?

Tags are simply decoration to the display name. It doesn't matter if someone has a tag saying they're in some guild or an administrator if you don't know who those tags believe to. As such, in my opinion, display names are more integral.

• Yeah... Because all characters are UTF-8 more often than not nowadays, your point?

The point is, we already can use unicode characters on Discord (both tags and usernames) so why not Minecraft as well? If we wanna be consistent on how we moderate this server, then we would have to ban all users on Discord that have a tag/nickname that contains at least one character that isn't A-Z, 0-9, and an underscore.