Allow the permission node essentials.nick.allowunsafe

• Yeah... Because all characters are UTF-8 more often than not nowadays, your point?

The point is, we already can use unicode characters on Discord (both tags and usernames) so why not Minecraft as well? If we wanna be consistent on how we moderate this server, then we would have to ban all users on Discord that have a tag/nickname that contains at least one character that isn't A-Z, 0-9, and an underscore.

*Sigh*... Because people can use &k to iterate through thousands of Chinese characters per second and tank the framerate...

• object. some people have a tendency to want to throw bs lettering n shit into their names and make their names unreadable (or invisible if you're the OP here)

the argument for using /nickclean to solve that problem kind of makes this suggestion a bit pointless don't ya think?

names should always be readable.

1gaah.png

• the argument for using /nickclean to solve that problem kind of makes this suggestion a bit pointless don't ya think?

Then let's remove Worldedit, after all, it can easily be rolled back so what's the point?

the fuck kind of response is that? worldedit has nothing to do with this (and actually has a useful purpose, unlike this suggestion.)

1gaah.png

• Then let's remove Worldedit, after all, it can easily be rolled back so what's the point?

the fuck kind of response is that? worldedit has nothing to do with this (and actually has a useful purpose, unlike this suggestion.)

If I'm interpreting this correctly, wasn't your argument that because that one feature can cancel down another feature that therefore makes the cancelled feature useless?

• If I'm interpreting this correctly, wasn't your argument that because that one feature can cancel down another feature that therefore makes the cancelled feature useless?

what the fuck

using nickclean to yk clean bad/unreadable nicknames is a ridiculous comparison to make to worldedit… that’s like saying ‘we have police to stop criminals so we should remove computers because people can handwrite’ like the two have no relevance

can u form an actual argument about something that actually matters instead of spouting bullshit about random shite that is completely irrelevant or even better yet just say ‘you know what youre right and i agree’ cuz a person who can admit when to stop has a lot more respect than a person who resorts to strawmanning to ‘win’ an argument

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• I have realized, that I have been so defensive here, that I even have forgot to provide any actual input of my own.

As much as there are complants about FPS lag and invisible nicknames. Allowing unicode usernames will allow an aspect of user self expression.

For those people who are like "Nah this is useless!", think yourself: How many servers allow this self expression? For those types of people that really care about the way they show themselves to others, unicode nicknames and self expression are a very important feature to them.

If your not that person that's so engrossed into self expression, then you're not going to see how important self expression is.

One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

• How did this shift from unreadable characters / names to Unicode

Also Erin previously made the point this suggestion conflicts with the 6th point of the community guidelines.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• How did this shift from unreadable characters / names to Unicode

This discussion was always about Unicode / non-alphanumeric names

Here's the original post:

Theres no harm in doing this it allows people add non-alphanumeric characters and I think that will be cool

also because I want to make my nickname invisible, to fit with my entire theme

Also Erin previously made the point this suggestion conflicts with the 6th point of the community guidelines.

Not all usages of Unicode / UTF-8 / non-alpnumeric names breaks this rule. Not all characters are unreadable or invisible. Although that the original poster did say that they wanted their name to be invisible, that's only one use of Unicode / UTF-8 / non-alpnumeric names.