Biden signs executive order aimed at protecting abortion access

• Two weeks after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, President Joe Biden signed an executive order aimed at protecting access to abortion nationwide despite efforts by some states to outlaw or severely restrict it.

E3rayehWUAQJUGj.jpg?width=1047&height=588

•   Telesphoreo did some googling and details seems limited so far.

Best info I found with little searching was https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2…ics-latest-news and the tldr seemed to be

However, the president’s emphasis on voting also underscores the limitations on the federal government. While the executive order calls on agencies to protect access to the abortion pill, patient privacy, abortion clinics in states where it remains legal and interstate travel, intervention from Congress is necessary to restore the rights of people who can become pregnant in state that have already banned the procedure.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• quoted from this cnn article

Last month, Biden hinted he was considering taking executive action, telling Jimmy Kimmel that while he believed Congress should codify Roe, "There's some executive orders I could employ, we believe -- we're looking at that right now."

and later in the article

who the White House says will provide "technical assistance to states affording legal protection to out-of-state patients as well as providers who offer legal reproductive health care."

seems to me like biden is just trying to use executive orders to circumvent the legislature, judicial branch, and the authority of states. how is this not breaking every check and balance we have.

But Biden said recently he would support making an exception to the filibuster -- the 60-vote threshold in the Senate needed to pass most legislation -- in order to codify abortion rights and the right to privacy through legislation passed by Congress. The President had previously been reluctant to support changing the Senate's rules in order to pass his agenda.

so hes willing to completely change how the senate works just to pass his agenda. pretty unconstitutional, and also it will set a precedent for anyone after biden to just change how systems of government work in order to get what they want

its also interesting to me that when trump uses executive orders, this other cnn article only talk about what critics say and how critics say that its bad. but when biden wants to use an executive order to circumvent the judicial and legislative branch, and even considers changing how the legislative branch works, the article doesnt mention a single critic at all

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

enchy seems to me like biden is just trying to use executive orders to circumvent the legislature, judicial branch, and the authority of states. how is this not breaking every check and balance we have.

im sorry since when was it undemocratic that the democratically elected leader makes decisions that overrules decisions made by an unelected court

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg