Allow all versions supported by Via* to connect (and install all the plugins)

• I suggest that they're removed from blocked-versions in the ViaVersion plugin configuration. I don't think much effort should be put into supporting these versions beyond that.

Versions before Update Aquatic have been reported to have marginally better performance, which I think would benefit both people with lower-end hardware and people who don't want Minecraft to eat up their CPU and RAM.

• The blocked versions only actually makes a difference currently on the skyblock server. For everything else it should let you use anything from 1.17 onwards which is the server version and we don't and won't support via backwards

The main reason we even use the blocked versions in the first place is to ensure cross network consistency and to make sure clients aren't stranded as they go through the network as a temporary step before the underlying server is actually updated for real.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Official Post

Going to mark this as denied, we won't backwards support and there will always be a minimum connection version we want to globally enforce so users don't get stranded in weird situations on the network.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 July 20, 2022 at 7:11 PM

Closed the thread.