SCOTUS to review Moore V Harper

• https://www.npr.org/2022/06/30/110…t=1656681056235

TL;DR here is that overturning Moore v Harper would mean the SCOTUS would give legislators power to decide the outcome of any particular election and could potentially ignore votes if given justification. keep in mind i am a brit so i’m not 100% on America’s system but this is what the article (and others) have been saying.

Thoughts?

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• personally i always find it ironic seeing people on the left wing saying republicans are trying to control elections, only a few years after trying to change the outcome of the 2016 election, spending over $30m dollars on a 2 year long investigation, and slandering trump as being a russian agent and colluding with russia to corrupt the election.

everyone says the other side is trying to control the elections. if both sides are controlling the elections, that sounds pretty fair to me. the worlds not ending, its just politicians doing what politicians do

(ps “given justification” whatever justification they give will get challenged in court, so its not like theyre gonna just bullshit the election with no consequences)

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

enchy ps “given justification” whatever justification they give will get challenged in court, so its not like theyre gonna just bullshit the election with no consequences)

if you read the article you’d know that the ruling would mean courts have no say. as in, any justification could be given.

enchy everyone says the other side is trying to control the elections. if both sides are controlling the elections, that sounds pretty fair to me. the worlds not ending, its just politicians doing what politicians do

yeah but this is the thing, i’ve not seen democrats try to overthrow democracy but i have seen republicans coup on jan 6th and i have seen conservative judges try and make rulings that will support republicans taking over properly

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   Luke my bad, i didnt read the article thoroughly enough.

still, i cant believe that republicans would be be the only ones to do whatever with elections if scotus decides to overturn moore v harper. democrats will jump at the opportunity just like republicans will, and like i said, if both sides are controlling the election, that sounds pretty bipartisan. both sides will do some scummy things so theres no point saying “my side is better” when it comes to election integrity. both sides have already failed.

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

enchy if scotus decides to overturn moore v harper. democrats will jump at the opportunity just like republicans will,

I don't understand what you mean.

Higher voter turnout usually equals better numbers for Democrats. So unless you're going to argue against democracy, then I don't see how what you're saying is in any way troublesome.

enchy when it comes to election integrity. both sides have already failed.

Can you give an example of Democrats failing in this instance?

Miwojedk don’t understand what you mean.

Higher voter turnout usually equals better numbers for Democrats. So unless you’re going to argue against democracy, then I don’t see how what you’re saying is in any way troublesome.

i mean that when people say that republicans will try to control elections, democrats will also try to control them. like you said, i dont think its troublesome if both parties are “controlling the elections.” seems bipartisan to me

Miwojedk Can you give an example of Democrats failing in this instance?

refusing to admit hillary lost in 2016 and instead doing a 2 year probe on some fake story of trump colluding with russia to interfere in the election

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

•   enchy

democrats will also try to control them.

In what manner will Democrats try to control elections?

and instead doing a 2 year probe on some fake story of trump colluding with russia to interfere in the election

Do you know what the findings of the Mueller Probe were?

•   enchy yes, but also note "the Trump campaign welcomed Russian interference and expected to benefit from it"

they didn't try to get the Russians to rig the election (or whatever the russians would've done), but they did hope that the russians would do their thing

•   enchy The point of the Mueller Probe was to find indications of Russian meddling in the election. Not to "steal" the election from Trump.

I ask again: In what manner will Democrats try to "control" the elections, when they themselves benefit from a higher voter turnout?