Turn Hub Moderators into Global Moderators

• Here are some of the things I've been thinking about for a while:

• Controversy about keeping a competely separate staff for the hub (see this megathread)
    • Because of the "Akefu" raids, hub mods now have:
      • additional powers including chat moderation and network messaging management; commands affecting cross-server features have a global scope, meaning they can do more than senior admins in some cases
      • full moderation powers on the events server, effectively making them staff on 2 public servers out of 4

Combining these and other facts and ideas I've seen around, I propose to replace the Hub Mod rank with one that operates on the whole network.

I'm aware this might mean the prerequisites for applying will need to be revised, along with other things, but we'll work on the details if this suggestion gets somewhere.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Simply make admins have the power to do their jobs on all the network servers. It'd solve the problem that became prevalent during Akefu Raids - no hub mods to police hub despite admins being online on Freedom-01. Simply giving them hub mod perms could solve problems like that easily.

I Vouch.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

Alco_Rs11 Simply make admins have the power to do their jobs on all the network servers.

That can't be done due to lack of TFM Dev work.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• So a couple of bits. There was originally a long term view to create some form of network wide role but only if we had sufficient number of game modes and players to justify it.

The fact hub mods have events mod access is separate to their actual roles and was something added at the request of the events team.

The chat moderation is the same as any staff member on the network will get. The reason admins and seniors don't have such access is due to limitations in tfm.

Wild1145

• @'Ryan' Last time I checked, TFM was being actively maintained and the NetworkManager integration you're asking for is complete(?) or nearing completion.

Also, I believe it'd be better to give administrators Network Manager permissions instead of using TFM to sync permissions.

•   Allink Yet it's still not done... Until it is it blocks any further integration.

And we can't do that until tfm moves 100% to permissions

Wild1145

• Denied, a lot of the reasons this was valuable at the time are no longer relevant. There is absolutely going to be some form of global moderation / staff team, but I've not figured the details out quite yet.

Wild1145

• wild1145 September 18, 2022 at 12:57 AM

Closed the thread.