NEVER USE SHADOW CLIENT

• @'Luna__' ? tho the version miamus send isnt the same as the one in the shadow client discord diffrent mb sizes
    this means that miamus might have removed a bit of the discord logger

codium multimatter redanium sporres

matscalle miamus might have removed a bit of the discord logger

there literally is no discord logger. again, what you sent was code for discord rich presence.

1gaah.png

•   matscalle

With all due respect, when you're pushing for something as strongly as this, you kinda need to know what you're talking about.

matscalle

This is one of the things that has worked to convince you that this client is harmful, yet this is just the garbled text when you open any kind of non text file using a text viewer. I can empathise that the garbledness may look scary, but it's meaningless. If you open any image on your computer using notepad you'll see something similar.

I don't know this stuff very well either, but the evidence sent here first of all is that it says discord in the code and when you open the file in the wrong program it shows a garbled result. I don't feel the people involved in this understand what they're trying to look for and accusations like this are quite brash without any actual proof.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I'm going to lock this, but here's a TL;DR of the thing matscalle is super worried about.

Shadow Client apparently uses DiscordIPC (a library created by the beautiful people behind the popular Meteor client) for its Discord Rich Presence integration. The source code for this library can be accessed here, and it seems to be harmless. Whoever decided to crack open the Shadow Client jar and sent these screenshots to matscalle clearly did not know this and just assumed from the mention of scary words like packets and Discord that it was a backdoor of some sorts.

With that being said, I don't recommend using Shadow Client, because:

1. Even with this library being innocent, its shady background ||(HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)|| makes it extremely difficult to trust.

2. Its authors are part of a retarded griefing group called the Moles. These guys spend their time socially engineering kids into running backdoored plugins on their Minehut server so that they can publicize themselves griefing the shit out of it.

3. These people have targeted this server before, but eventually gave up after we patched their crackhead exploits.

You can, however, view the source code for their client in two unique variants:

• A copy of the official public source code release, pulled by yours truly right before they made it private: https://github.com/VideoGameSmash12/Shadow

• A copy of the source code with the original commit history and also including some features they tried to hide from the public release, pulled by @"Luna__"#2532 using some wizardry (which led to some spicy internal conflict in the Moles): https://github.com/LunaWasFlaggedAgain/Shadow

image.png