Anarchy / Skyblock Discussion

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @'Ryan' I don’t think replacing one gamemode that gets boring with another one that gets boring makes any sense. Skyblock is such a lame gamemode and no offense to the creator, but this just seems like another copy and paste skyblock server. This will not help in retaining players because they’re bored of the freedom server.

Honestly, the anarchy idea was great other than the hardcore aspect. Many people suggested just unbanning everyone and continuing anarchy, but you scrapped the whole thing because you saw it as a failure because no one played on the server. The reality is, everyone was banned and no one COULD play on the server.

Xen Honestly, the anarchy idea was great other than the hardcore aspect. Many people suggested just unbanning everyone and continuing anarchy, but you scrapped the whole thing because you saw it as a failure because no one played on the server. The reality is, everyone was banned and no one COULD play on the server.

Survivability bias at work

But to add on to this, it would be nice if it didn't permanently ban you for dying, more like it would just ban you for five minutes before you could respawn. That was the main reason I didn't try playing due to dying for some bs reason while escaping spawn and not being able to enjoy it.

ピバラ。

Xen Honestly, the anarchy idea was great other than the hardcore aspect. Many people suggested just unbanning everyone and continuing anarchy, but you scrapped the whole thing because you saw it as a failure because no one played on the server. The reality is, everyone was banned and no one COULD play on the server.

The entire point of the Anarchy game-mode was to do something different to Anarchy. Again, people complained when we suggested normal anarchy and complained when we did something different with it.

By your argument anything we do is going to "Get boring" so should we just pack up and shut down now, save ourselves the effort? The point is to give people something different they can play on with friends, and jump between our game-mode offerings.

We killed Anarchy because it was a limited run event... There wasn't community support to continue running it in any format, so we haven't looked to re-launch it, and instead have been focusing on other more important things. It's not to say Anarchy will never come back, but as I said at the time it's not on the roadmap at the moment.

Luke this went off topic bros can we make a new thread

Done.

Deauthorized But to add on to this, it would be nice if it didn’t permanently ban you for dying, more like it would just ban you for five minutes before you could respawn. That was the main reason I didn’t try playing due to dying for some bs reason while escaping spawn and not being able to enjoy it.

I agree the game-mode could have been better refined, and know we had some issues on launch which wasn't amazing.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'Ryan' By your argument anything we do is going to “Get boring” so should we just pack up and shut down now, save ourselves the effort? The point is to give people something different they can play on with friends, and jump between our game-mode offerings.

No, that is not what I am saying. If our problem is keeping players active because they are getting bored of the freedom server, introducing a generic skyblock server is not the solution. They will most certainly get bored of it quickly (if they haven't already). I also feel like anarchy would fit well with the theme of the network. This community is notorious for using hacked clients and I assume skyblock will have some sort of restrictions against them, but they would of course be allowed on the anarchy server.

@'Ryan' We killed Anarchy because it was a limited run event… There wasn’t community support to continue running it in any format, so we haven’t looked to re-launch it, and instead have been focusing on other more important things. It’s not to say Anarchy will never come back, but as I said at the time it’s not on the roadmap at the moment.

Anarchy was killed (earlier than it was supposed to be) because of the "low-uptake" and I guess someone told you that nobody wanted an anarchy server (which is not true). Even under your feedback thread regarding the anarchy event, many people mentioned having more than one life or disabling the hardcore aspect completely (which would be my suggestion). Hardcore anarchy is for a server that can pull in a ton of players and maintain a constant player count, despite people dying and being banned for it. If we ban people for dying, that just kills the very little player base we have.

• Honestly, freedom-01 and anarchy-01 sound like a good combo, the first one being for players who want a more laid back experience and the second one being for the generic 2b2t sweatlords

e: Weekly or biweekly resets for the anarchy-01 server would be a good edition, as to keep the gameplay fresh and the world size low

ピバラ。

Xen No, that is not what I am saying. If our problem is keeping players active because they are getting bored of the freedom server, introducing a generic skyblock server is not the solution. They will most certainly get bored of it quickly (if they haven’t already). I also feel like anarchy would fit well with the theme of the network. This community is notorious for using hacked clients and I assume skyblock will have some sort of restrictions against them, but they would of course be allowed on the anarchy server.

And unfortunately the vast majority of enhancements to the Freedom server requires developer attention, which is out of my control. The Skyblock server already had a proven track record of success and bringing people in. It's about giving people options, if you don't like it, feel free not to play it.

Xen Anarchy was killed (earlier than it was supposed to be) because of the “low-uptake” and I guess someone told you that nobody wanted an anarchy server (which is not true). Even under your feedback thread regarding the anarchy event, many people mentioned having more than one life or disabling the hardcore aspect completely (which would be my suggestion). Hardcore anarchy is for a server that can pull in a ton of players and maintain a constant player count, despite people dying and being banned for it. If we ban people for dying, that just kills the very little player base we have.

There were a lot of posts criticising the Anarchy server, likewise there are posts (Such as your other reply) telling me you don't want generic game-modes, that's why Anarchy has been shelved and isn't going to come back any time soon. We've got other things in the works which the community generally has expressed a greater interest in, and let's us improve the experience for those wanting the creative free-build. As I say, there's no scope for Anarchy for the foreseeable future because we've got higher priority activities taking place and the community has already on other threads said it's not of interest.

The Skyblock server has an active owner that's working on improvements to it, and the only reason it is not more popular already is because TF admins and regulars harassed the original player base. There's nothing to lose from letting Hooke do his thing because frankly it doesn't impact the Freedom server, and gives people options they don't have now. I'd rather people leave Freedom and go play our Skyblock (Generic or not) than leave the network entirely.

Deauthorized Honestly, freedom-01 and anarchy-01 sound like a good combo, the first one being for players who want a more laid back experience and the second one being for the generic 2b2t sweatlords

e: Weekly or biweekly resets for the anarchy-01 server would be a good edition, as to keep the gameplay fresh and the world size low

So this basically describes what TF was back in the early half of the 2010's from my memory. Unfortunately a lot of the community have suggested it's not something they wanted which is why we've prioritised other things, and we also need to be aware that as soon as we start advertising we have anarchy, players will assume the entire network is anarchy which it is not. It's also unlikely we will ever have "True" anarchy (Which is a reason a lot of people objected) because a lot of the behaviour people here wanted was not behaviour I'm willing to have tolerated...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

Xen Anarchy was killed (earlier than it was supposed to be) because of the “low-uptake”

It was advertised as a limited time event from the start. It's true that it was closed after the minimum opening time because of close to zero activity. Maybe a re-run in the future with something like a day ban at death (like CoreJourney does) will give different results.

@'Ryan' We will be launching a 4-6 week Season of a new Anarchy Game-Mode within the TF Network

Feel free to ask more info to RedEastWood about the addition of the Skyblock server (previously known as LegitBlock I think)

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

Tizz It was advertised as a limited time event from the start

Wasn't that only the case to test it out for a potential permanent mode?

Anyway, IIRC Video suggested a 3 levels idea that made revolved around making the server have 3 distinct levels of "freedom". Pure anarchy (provided it didn't crash the server or harm other users), middle ground (most similar to the server around 2014-2017) and normal (Like it is right now with moderation as a priority, but maybe with a few more things to keep it more secured)

According to quantum mechanics, unless something is observed, there is an equal chance of it both being and not being there. Hence it is said to be in superposition, until observed. However we are somehow fully certain, despite never having directly observed, that you indeed have no bitches. Your bitchlessness has broken the rules quantum mechanics had established. Indeed an impressive feat.

• For what it’s worth, there is currently absolutely no marketing being done for the Skyblock server. That’s definitely not the EMM’s fault either, I didn’t market Skyblock when I was marketing manager because it wasn’t part of the network yet. It just recently became part of the network, so we can now start to market that too.

I told Ryan initially as well that these kinds of servers are incredibly easy to populate. The original server garnered an active and upbeat community within months of its creation. I have no doubt that given the right marketing, Skyblock will once again have its own community.

•   RedEastWood the Marketing team only markets the Freedom Game mode and has no obligation to market Skyblock.

I'll quote wild1145 for evidence. We are strictly forbidden from marketing other game-modes as it is 'out of scope' of our responsibilities.

I will also clarify, as per the updates to the Executive policy, this executive role is specifically for the marketing of the Freedom Game-Mode, marketing of the other game-modes is out of scope.

Source: https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/3332-executi…-manager-voting

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png