do you pay attention to small details whilst dreaming?

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • title’s self explanatory

when you dream, do you pay attention to small details?

i asked this because a few days ago i had a dream in which i “woke up” at 7:53 AM (i have a digital clock) and it was pitch black outside the window, but i just shrugged it off like it was nothing.

• Generally not, occasionally I will especially if during the day / before I went to sleep I was thinking about lucid dreaming, at which point I will pay attention to text in my dreams.

One of the fun facts about dreaming, your brain doesn't care about text, so it'll just throw random words / text where it expects to see it, for example if you had a trash / litter bin that would normally say "Trash" on it, in your dreams the word "Trash" might be replaced with something random, and it'll be random every time you look at it, so if you want to know if you're dreaming, look at a word on a sign, remember what it said, look away, and look back. If it's the same it's real life, if it's changed (And it's not a screen or something like that) it's probably a dream.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Depends on the type of dream but usually no. During failed lucidity attempts I am able to remember many more details that use various senses (Taste of foods, texture of a basketball, sounds of wind in trees, etc) not normally remembered in dreams. An example of this was a dream where I was at the gym doing my own thing and casually watching the clock (clocks are really weird in dreams and are good items used to verify you are dreaming). I can still to this day vividly remember the smell of that gym (fresh paint type smell) and the cold benches that I sat on while watching the clock. Even though it was a digital clock, in that dream I could hear faint ticking as if it was an analog clock.

@'Ryan' One of the fun facts about dreaming, your brain doesn’t care about text, so it’ll just throw random words / text where it expects to see it, for example if you had a trash / litter bin that would normally say “Trash” on it, in your dreams the word “Trash” might be replaced with something random, and it’ll be random every time you look at it, so if you want to know if you’re dreaming, look at a word on a sign, remember what it said, look away, and look back. If it’s the same it’s real life, if it’s changed (And it’s not a screen or something like that) it’s probably a dream.

Lol for me I can't tell the difference between dreams and reality because the text doesn't change like that and makes perfect sense. And also computers work.

• @'Ryan' Hey I just wanted to say, that thing of looking at texts is a "reality check" to check if you're dreaming or not, and that one is not too reliable as it doesn't work for some people (like me), so if anyone here wanna know if they're dreaming, a different reality check that has worked for my friend is covering your nose and trying to breathe through it.
      tl;dr if you want to know if you're dreaming and the text thing doesn't work for you then try to cover your nose and breathe through it
      Allink (this might help you, hope pings here work like discord)

>w< pat me pleasee pat mee pleaseeeeee

•   Deauthorized It's the same for me unless I've been thinking a lot about lucid dreaming and wanting to do it. Then I occasionally remember in dream. I have also had it when I've been irl and just short tired had to check myself in case I was dreaming because I felt out of it but yeah.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• No because I hardly remember anything, including dreams.
    I'm forget a lot of things really easily and I couldn't tell you the last dream I remembered.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]