Change/remove the Discord verification

• I don't think the current Discord verification is necessary, most other Discord servers use easier verifications such as reacting with a tick to a message, in any case I think that the verification with Minecraft should be only to access the channels in the SERVER CHANNELS category, and that the rest of the server should be accessible by anyone without being verified with their Minecraft account.

In addition to this, if the Disboard bot was added to the server, the Discord server could be used to grow the Minecraft server, (as if it grew as a community server it'd also reach to more Minecraft players). Servers like PurplePrison already do this and they have lots of members.

>w< pat me pleasee pat mee pleaseeeeee

• The verification channel in the discord was removed yesterday, you'll be glad to hear.

It was an okay system on paper, but was just awkward that we may have had to interrogate someone who didn't have a MC account/hadn't joined tf.

It did have its uses, I guess I just didn't exactly enforce it properly and felt weird to enforce.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   Allink the issue has been people joining and then they spam. Adding this extra layer tended to get rid of the majority of those people because they didn't want to make the effort of getting an alt and joining ig.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Official Post

Manual verification has since been disabled, but may be re-enabled in the future if appropriate.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 July 20, 2022 at 7:24 PM

Closed the thread.