Still the best printer

• So it's been a little over a year since I've owned my Epson printer. I initially made a thread a few weeks after owning the printer saying how much I liked it (https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/1727-finally-a-good-printer). Well, it's been a year since then. I'll cut to the chase and say that it's still going strong after a year.

Here's what the ink reports after one year of owning it
    https://packs.smokes-crystal.rocks/H9hxIA2RIY.png

One of the biggest complaints was that the ink dries out and it takes a lot of ink to fix. I haven't experienced any of those problems. Once my printer was printing lines weirdly but after cleaning the printer heads it worked fine. I've only had to do this once. On our old Epson printer, it's doing it all the time. I hope this isn't a trend and going to happen to mine as well. Anyway, if you're looking for a color printer and you expect to use it often, I definitely still recommend it. The drivers have remained the same and there have been no changes which is a good sign. The one thing I did do was turn off Bonjour because fuck Apple. Thankfully it's extremely easy to do and you're not forced to use it.

I already talked about the cost difference between owning a color laser printer vs. this on the other thread so I won't really reiterate. However, my only advice is that if you only care about printing black and white, definitely get a laser printer instead. I still somewhat regret I didn't get a laser printer, but as I said this printer is better due to it being more compact and color laser printers are not. But I've had to do no maintenance except cleaning the print heads once. My only advice is to not get the cheaper eco tank ones. I bought an expensive one and it still feels kind of cheap. Or if size isn't a concern at all I'd go laser printer

•   Telesphoreo fuck any hp printer

so retarded, they have to do “maintenance” for no reason at completely random times but somehow still exactly when you need to print something. they just hate actually working when theyre supposed to. damn right hp is anti-consumer

fuck an hp printer, i refuse to believe anything could be worse

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• Just on the HP Argument, I will say the one thing I did always like about theirs when I used to sell them was that when you knew you always printed the same amount of pages each month, that ink scheme did work out pretty well. Also though their ink cartridges at the time used to be the only ones that I think included the print head as well which was one of the things that other printers uses to cause to fail a lot of the time and were difficult to replace.

I might be mis-remembering and this was 5+ years ago now so times may have changed.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   enchy have you ever had your HP printer crash while printing? I learned HP printers can BSOD.

I have an HP printer and @"videogamesm12"#4 is aware of my pain. When that thing finally stops working. I will not be getting anything HP ever again.

Don't buy an HP printer.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png