Johnny Depp Wins

enchy why are you trying so hard to not admit depp might not be an abuser? depp has no history or pattern of violence, while amber does. there is also no evidence depp was physically abusive, while there is evidence heard was. anything past that is not following evidence and instead making shit up. you cant seem to admit that depp isnt an abuser. do you think that the only way heard was violent was abusive was if she was provoked?

Neither here nor there but abuse is not strictly limited to physical offense. While johnny doesn't have a history of physical abuse, he does have a history of drug + alcohol usage and verbal abuse. For this there is evidence (phone calls) of Johnny verbally insulting and berating heard. Even then, Amber isn't the white knight of this situation either as she does also have a history of verbal abuse. My stance is that neither of them are innocent and we should be very careful to not be too biased for either side. Just because Amber is guilty does not make Johnny innocent and we shouldn't treat him that way

enchy who the fuck copes by posing for pictures and copying lines from a movie that has a domestic violence victim. and outward behavior can help make inferences about people. psychologists analyze people based on how they act and what body language they present.

you aren't the arbiter of what's a correct coping mechanism and what isn't. A clinical psychologist during trial stated that she showed signs of PTSD and another claimed she had BPD, so if you're going to claim you're more knowledgeable than a professional with 10+ years of experience, then be my guest.

why are you trying so hard to not admit depp might not be an abuser? depp has no history or pattern of violence, while amber does. there is also no evidence depp was physically abusive, while there is evidence heard was. anything past that is not following evidence and instead making shit up. you cant seem to admit that depp isnt an abuser. do you think that the only way heard was violent was abusive was if she was provoked?

I never said Depp was an abuser. I said both were toxic assholes. There is no way to know whether or not Depp or Amber were more or less abusive than what was shown in the trial because domestic abuse cases are a private matter. That's the focal point of my argument: I can physically (and psychologically) harm you, and if there is no photographic evidence or witnesses, then that instance of abuse becomes a "he said, she said"-matter.

it doesnt prove anything, but like i said the case would fit that statistic. im not turning a statistic into an anecdote, im showing how an anecdote fits into a broader statistic. i think i worded it a bit weird so thats my fault. also while yes, abusers typically come from abusive homes, that doesnt mean all people that come out of abusive homes are abusers.

Then your comment is completely irrelevant

for some reason you just assume that depp is also a terrible person for no reason. is it because hes a celebrity? is it because you think domestic violence has to be done or provoked by men, whatever it is, its not following the evidence shown in court.

Your comment here indicates to me that you have no intentions of having a productive conversation with me on the matter if you're just going to shove everything I said aside and say I have "no reason" for my views. I believe I have outlined clearly why Depp may/may not also be to blame for what is clearly a dysfunctional relationship and their altercations, where I also have made clear that I think your view on the matter oversimplifies the complexities of domestic abuse. A court ruling does not vindicate you of any wrongdoing - it just shows that there is no clear evidence against you.