Discord Suggestion | Display Cosmetic Roles

matscalle he just wants to be able to have his musicslayer role above his masterbuilder role

The problem that myself and others have identified is that he has already made this specific request to discord staff and been rejected as far as I know.

Instead of accepting that, he's written a suggestion with poor logic to try and get every discord only role moved above server roles - and by proxy, get him what he asked for in the first place.

I personally don't feel the suggestion is a very good idea in the first place, but I also dislike the clear motive behind it as well. We all obviously benefit from the suggestions we write but trying to go about getting your way in this fashion is not on, in my eyes.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

@'wxtermelon' this suggestion doesn’t have any benefits for the majority but rather the minority…

Are we a democracy now?

Anyway, object. Changing staff hierarchy/making double roles for personal gain seems quite annoying and unneeded.

• @'wxtermelon' is voting the only parameter of being a democracy?
    I can swear that communities vote on different things and their countries (per example) can also be non democracies.
    (For clarification, I was joking in the original post)

erin The problem that myself and others have identified is that he has already made this specific request to discord staff and been rejected as far as I know.

It has been rejected multiple times. The last time this came up I made clear if it was that big of a problem I'd simply remove the role as it was only kept because I didn't want to be a dick when I took over.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   matscalle This isn't what's been suggested, however you might have a point. Master Builders don't have any actual power, so could special roles like Dragon's simply be put between that and staff ones?

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

•   Tizz honestly if musicplayer role gives any discord permissions I think it isn’t unreasonable to move it above master builder considering mb is classified as a title. I am not aware of any other special roles that contain any discord permissions so that would pretty much limit this to the music player role.

Also unrelated question but why does dragon have that role

• Official Post

Denied. Cosmetic roles should not generally even exist. Your one is an exception and one I inherited and have continued to allow to remain as a gesture of good faith rather than because it's a good idea, the reality is it really bugs me that the role even exists.

It's intentionally set at the bottom of the roles because the reality is every single other role is actually of greater importance than your cosmetic one because your one is 100% cosmetic, MB's roles and other roles change their access to Discord and are recognised outside of Discord as a thing.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 July 20, 2022 at 7:10 PM

Closed the thread.