Discord Suggestion | Display Cosmetic Roles

• Pretty simple suggestion, I think we should display mostly cosmetic roles, such as Mentally Unstable, Server Booster, MusicSlayer2189, etc. over the normal roles as a way to better acknowledge them for whatever they did for said role. I think it kinda sucks when people work so hard to get something like Mentally Unstable, but don’t actually get the recognition for it because they are like an admin or something.

• Lol, object.

DragonSlayer2189 I think it kinda sucks when people work so hard to get something like Mentally Unstable, but don’t actually get the recognition for it because they are like an admin or something.

Personally, I would find that it kinda would suck if someone worked very hard for months to gain community trust to get admin, but don't actually get the recognition for it because they happen to be in the top 10 monthly playtime.

Or when someone spends fucking ages learning how to become a good builder only for again, the fact that they're active on the server to trump it.

DragonSlayer2189 MusicSlayer2189

It's quite evident to me that the entire rhetoric behind this suggestion is just to get your own personal role above master builder so you can flex about having a cool colour, something you've asked for quite a bit after your suspension. You've just added mentally unstable and server booster to this suggestion without actually thinking it through.

Also, senior admins have some minor discord moderation privileges. Moving cosmetic roles above actual roles on the server would mean a senior admin would be unable to timeout a server booster since the booster is above them in the role hierarchy.

I just don't see any good reason in favour of this.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Object, the reason it changed is to keep the display of roles clean and organized, the main roles should be on-top of titles, that's what I and Ryan agreed on, the roles section would look bad and unorganized as it was once upon a time. You can live without your little title Poppin up.

erin It’s quite evident to me that the entire rhetoric behind this suggestion is just to get your own personal role above master builder

Yes that is part of the reason for this suggestion, as originally the role was above other stuff. However I do still believe the other roles should show up over the normal ones as well

perhaps what we could do is have 2 versions of these roles, one which is set to be above and one which is below, especially since there aren’t many of these roles, it would be feasible to have a system where an individual could chose to have their cosmetic roles shown or not. It wouldn’t be the most ideal, but I’d be willing to deal with that compromise

DragonSlayer2189 However I do still believe the other roles should show up over the normal ones as well

Why? You've talked of how someone works hard for mentally unstable but has an inconvenience of being admin/master builder as if that isn't something which requires more work than just playing on the server.

DragonSlayer2189 perhaps what we could do is have 2 versions of these roles, one which is set to be above and one which is below, especially since there aren’t many of these roles, it would be feasible to have a system where an individual could chose to have their cosmetic roles shown or not.

This is incredibly complicated and I would not envy the discord admins who have to sift through a strange system of having two roles for everything.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

@'glaucus atlanticus' what exactly did you do for your role again? merge sound files?

Made an entire album with 10 songs In it, all of which is completely original work made for the 10th anniversary art competition, which I won, thus granting me the role as the prize for winning

erin Also, senior admins have some minor discord moderation privileges. Moving cosmetic roles above actual roles on the server would mean a senior admin would be unable to timeout a server booster since the booster is above them in the role hierarchy

I was not even aware that they had this permission, i will see if I can brainstorm some compromise to make that work

• I Object. Given the information above, this suggestion was made for personal benefit. Since it doesn't benefit the community in any meaningful way, instead, it benefits only the suggestion creator. It is not worth wasting time on implementing something that gives any sort of benefit to a single person.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

•   uvb yeah I want to know what that whole situation was about too considering it was used to justify different votes on applications + seems to be sort of accusing to some members of the community. Sort of shitty that dragon has been withholding information while also actively hyping it up but whatever i guess

Anyway I object to this for alco’s reasoning.

burger yeah I want to know what that whole situation was about too considering it was used to justify different votes on applications + seems to be sort of accusing to some members of the community. Sort of shitty that dragon has been withholding information while also actively hyping it up but whatever i guess

Essentially, it was a thank you video that he wanted to post. However in the process of keeping this surprise he decided to harass a certain senior admin, positioned himself as a teams leaker in front of everyone and ultimately caused himself to look like a fool when the surprise was leaked.

•   Noah what the fuck do you mean by this not mean to say dragon is one of the best people i know and is super talented he just wants to be able to have his musicslayer role above his masterbuilder role as mb does not have permission as of what i know this will be harmless

Alco_Rs11

codium multimatter redanium sporres