Indefinite Ban Request - Slastar

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • 1. Username, UUID, IP(s), and short ban reason for each offender. Format as follows:

2. What did they do? Spamming the telnet IP to get people to log in and cause havoc, much in the style of the well-known Akefu Raider. He is a repeated rule breaker under the alt of 'the_apeman' and his main username, 'Slastar' with a total of at least 15 punishments recorded between the two accounts, many of which are for griefing. Today, new evidence came out that the real Slastar is likely an alt of another player who has an active IBR for various offences including lagging the server.

3. What indefinitely bannable offense does this fall under according to the guidance for sanctions?
    New Policy:

1 . Respect & remain mindful of other members of the community.
    2 . Respect the platforms we run

Old Policy:

1a. Attempts at harming the server.
    1b. Repeated rule-breaking (recurring category 2 & 3 offenses or punishment bypassing).
    1f. Unauthorized access to admin-exclusive resources.
    1g. Using an exploit that restricts a player’s experience.

4. Add logs and/or screenshots of the occurrence here, and tag any witnessing staff. Evidence of previous offenses that are not the direct cause of this request can also be added here.

5. Are they known under any other names or IPs, and if so, are they currently (indefinitely) banned under those names and IPs? This information is used to keep track of ban bypassers. No.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• There is not enough evidence to confirm a link between Slastar on the MC server and the Slastar on the Discord. It could have been easily been someone impersonating as him. The verification process also has flaws that mean someone could have easily impersonated as him.

image.png

• Object.

The player has played somewhat legitimately on the server and the only reason this request is written because an individual likely impersonated as him on the discord. You're talking about a guy who has been playing on this server for months.. long before the raids started.

Both you and I would be indefinitely suspended (or worse) for raiding esotalk since accounts with our names took responsibility for raids by this logic.

While the guy has got a bit of a track record.. it's just a pressing issue to me that the main reason this has been written was for something he didn't even do, with the bans for griefing stuck on for good measure. And I don't believe that's fair.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• New evidence has come out today on TF Discord that shows the real Slastar is possibly an alt of another player who lagged the server and also committed other offences.

!

erin The player has played somewhat legitimately on the server and the only reason this request is written because an individual likely impersonated as him on the discord. You’re talking about a guy who has been playing on this server for months.. long before the raids started...

Given the lack of evidence in regards to the raid, I have adjusted the IBR accordingly and new evidence as shown above has come to light indicating that the real Slastar is possibly an alt although this cannot be confirmed.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

Alco_Rs11 I have adjusted the IBR accordingly and new evidence as shown above has come to light indicating that the real Slastar is possibly an alt although this cann

While it cannot be confirmed, it can be likely disproven. We are dealing with someone whose using accounts from thealtening, so it can be safely assumed that NeuroDiverse is an altening account - as was Slastar and presumably the_apeman.

The players in the ban request you linked use an IP address from Sky in the UK, which is a consumer ISP. And Slastar, as I'm going to refer to him, uses a. IP address from Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company, or PLDT, which is a other consumer IP. (His activity data also matches up with someone who is living in the Philippines) So it's almost certain that these are two individuals using the same, bona fide public account provided to them by TheAltening. There is no link between those.

So all we've got is the serial rulebreaking.

And again, my main point in all this is the fact that this request was only written because he was unlucky enough to have a raider use his name. He only used NeuroDiverse because he was banned for 10 millennia on his main account for something he didn't do.

While sure, we can technically throw the book at him for his cumulative bans for griefing stretching back to February, I don't feel it's just. Only reason the spotlight is on him is because he was framed. It's not right to ban him for stuff we wouldn't have noticed were it not for that.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Other than the nickname, is there any further evidence to support these accounts and IP's being Indef Banned?

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK