Senior Admin Application - Telesphoreo

• What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.
    Telesphoreo

Do you have a Discord account? If so, post your username#discriminator here.
    Telesphoreo#0001

What date were you appointed to Admin? At least 12 months of active participation must have passed since your initial promotion date.
    I received admin on October 14, 2014. I was a Telnet Clan Admin prior to the rank being deleted, however I am unsure of the date I received that.

Unlike Admin, Senior Admin is primarily a leadership position and you must be able to lead other admins in a mature manner and be a responsible representative of Total Freedom. Provide a paragraph of your accomplishments and why you think you’d made a good Senior Admin.
    Most of my leadership efforts related to TotalFreedom have been related to development. Historically, I was responsible for writing a good chunk of the code for TotalFreedomMod when the API for 1.13 was overhauled. I was also responsible for maintaining the custom TF- plugin bridges (TF-EssentialsX, TF-WorldEdit, TF-LibsDisguises). I unfortunately was not present for 1.15 development, but made many changes during 1.16 such as implementing bending and allowing OPs to use CoreProtect.

Taking a break from development on TF, I also used to be the SMP Manager. I worked under Fionn and was a developer for SMPCore and also assisted with other SMP plugins such as SMPItems. I was also responsible for general server maintenance and stability since the SMP was being hosted by me.

The biggest project I've undertaken so far is Plex. Now, I'll be straightforward and say that this is not an official TF project. However, I took initiative to form the initial team for Plex back in October of 2020. We thought Plex was going to be a dead project only a few weeks later. However, I got everything back together and we started making rapid progress on Plex (starting in December 2021). I led the development for Plex and so far we have (unbelievably) been extremely successful. While generally senior apps are supposed to be about me and everything I've done, I'd like to say that it truly was about working with al of the other group members that made working on the project enjoyable. Plex is not purely about me or the benefit of a server operator, but for all of the developers to grow and have the creative freedom to write code that truly matters. Even if we were to throw Plex in the garbage, or if not even a single person used it, the experiences I've learned from leading the development of Plex and working with the other devs has truly been a life changing experience for me.

How often will you be able to perform administrative duties? (Including the server, forum, and Discord). State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week.
    Several times a week.

Names of Senior Admins who have recommended you. You are required to have at least 1 recommendation.
    @"videogamesm12"#4

Have you read and understood the note below? (Yes or no).
    Yes.

Note: If someone asks you a direct question, you should reply. If someone objects and give reasons that you believe are incorrect, you may reply to state why you believe the reasons are incorrect; do not rage or get dramatic - just state facts and do not reply more than once; no debates.

• Confirmed.

Since development in Plex regained momentum in late 2021, Packs has been taking initiative and leading the development of Plex (which has an increasingly high likelihood of replacing TFM on here) with incredible success as stated in his application. Taking initiative and leading are two very important factors to being a good Senior, and from what I've seen, he has nailed these.

image.png

• I object.

You are incredibly rude and almost all of my encounters with you have ended poorly. I’m sure that you will say that’s my fault - but I have a discord chat export of our conversations on hand if you choose to go down that route.

You also sent Taahanis a screenshot of our chats (which is not an issue in itself), the issue is it was sent with the intention of clowning me for not knowing how to compile Plex. I was asking for help and you and him made fun of me - Taahanis even went as far as calling me a “monkey” in public chat. Granted I cannot hold you accountable for his actions, but you and him clowning me for not knowing something is fundamentally not right. I didn’t say anything of it at the time because frankly I didn’t care enough; but now that you’re applying for a position of power, and a position that pretty much requires you to be nice, I have a big issue with it.

The fact that you can develop and code is not an excuse for you to be a complete dickhead to everyone around you. Ryan had issues with your attitude and conduct, I’ve had issues with your attitude, and I’m sure many others have too (pretty sure Video himself had issues with your behaviour a year ago). Senior admins are meant to be approachable and understanding (which means not clowning someone for not knowing something).

•   Telesphoreo Yes, I accept that. I was frustrated after your rudeness prior to the fact. The difference is, those were not meant to be rude but rather joking remarks as directly after I go back to being “nice”. By that I mean not a condescending jerk, like you’ve been to me in the past. On the other hand, for the majority of our conversations you were very rude. I’m not even entirely sure what I’ve done for you and Taah to be so against me, to the point where I’m being called a “monkey” in public chat.

If you want to change my mind you’ll need to DM me. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has an issue with how you conduct yourself. Video himself removed his rec from you last time because of how much of a jerk you were towards him.

•   RedEastWood Unfortunately, my initial messages were trying to be funny and nice telling you that the plugin (when beta 1 was released) was not ready to be used by frankly anyone.

I'll go ahead and save you the time.

•   Telesphoreo If your view of “funny” is clowning someone who doesn’t know how to compile a plugin, then you aren’t suited to senior.

You were so incredibly condescending from the getgo. Take a look at the video title, “every programming tutorial ever” - it was a video meant to be sent to people to clown them. Even after you clowned me initially, I still tried to be nice (asking “is this not what you want”). You then refused to help me, fair enough, and you have an issue with me saying “got it to work bitch”? You then say the only dependencies are “a brain”, at which point I’m sick of you being condescending and just rude.

Look man, you’re condescending and rude. You had the option to change my mind in DMs, but you chose not to (you’re literally on discord rn). So yeah, my offer for you to change my mind and convince me is off the table.

https://i.ibb.co/nCwH0Jm/73-B60…FDA541156-D.png

•   RedEastWood I unfortunately can't give you free support when you only send one screenshot and demand for my support. I have been nice, and provided support for you for free prior. It's really hard for me to be nice when you demand support, and don't even ask nicely.
    https://packs.smokes-crystal.rocks/WqedeYupKJxV.png
    https://packs.smokes-crystal.rocks/CLe8bCKNuFYD.png
    https://packs.smokes-crystal.rocks/z7WL9oxe8T1u.png
    https://packs.smokes-crystal.rocks/TRBzqcNpLxGC.png
    https://packs.smokes-crystal.rocks/Xdi5V1MzHmCh.png
    https://packs.smokes-crystal.rocks/3A0sHQfZtdXT.png
    https://packs.smokes-crystal.rocks/oZCi9KZTrJDS.png

If you want to nitpick the bad parts, then fine. But I've tried to be nice to you but it unfortunately doesn't go well when you demand that I do everything for you.

•   Telesphoreo You have given me support in the past, which I appreciate.

You have also been incredibly rude and condescending. You could have asked for more information, instead you consistently choose to be rude. I asked you for help, and you sent me a SpongeBob video. I asked you for help to compile your plugin, and you sent a condescending joke tutorial video meant to clown people. I asked you for dependencies, and you said “a brain” (implying I don’t have one?).

Look man, none of this can run if you’re a senior admin. It’s a position of power and people will come to you for help. People will be vague with it, and you can’t be a condescending jerk to them when they do.

You also shared that interaction with Taah to clown me, you keep ignoring that. I was called a monkey in public chat because of that.

Telesphoreo If you want to nitpick the bad parts, then fine.

The thing is though right, 90% of our interactions involve you being a jerk. If more of it was nice, I would genuinely have voted neutral or not voted at all. I literally asked you twice to message me on discord to sort this out, chances are I would have listened to you and voted neutral. Instead you chose this route, which is fair enough but don’t act like I haven’t given you chances to change my mind.

•   RedEastWood The video I sent in the Plex conversation was also a meme. It's near impossible for me to provide in depth support for Plex beta 1 when we could barely even get it to compile or work, let alone explain it to someone else. I did not know Taah would call you that and ultimately I wasn't there when it happened so I have no idea why it's being regarded as my fault. The initial reason I sent it was to outline that we definitely needed to setup some form of documentation, not to clown you.

Telesphoreo It’s near impossible for me to provide in depth support for Plex beta 1 when we could barely even get it to compile or work, let alone explain it to someone else.

Then why did you not just say that? Why did you clown me?

Telesphoreo I did not know Taah would call you that and ultimately I wasn’t there when it happened so I have no idea why it’s being regarded as my fault.

Because you sent that to him to make fun of me? You sent him that screenshot to make fun of me (which Taah attested to in freedom-01 public chat).

It’s a shame, I could’ve been reasonable and understood you if you had been more understanding of your own faults in our interactions. However you consistently deny any responsibility for you being a complete jerk (you send condescending meme videos to me, instead of saying you can’t help me - how does that make sense??). I feel like I’m wasting my time arguing with you at this point, my opinion is not changing.

Luke objection

You need reasoning by the way

•   RedEastWood If you thought they were condescending, I apologize. However, they were not intended to be. Unfortunately, Taah is incorrect that my intention was not to clown on you. The actual reason was to justify having a documentation. I personally felt like it was going to be overkill or a waste of time and wanted to gauge interest before I sunk hours into documenting Plex. Keep in mind that it's a hard task, considering I don't even have spellcheck to help and I have to recreate every step when documenting things. It also took time, research, effort, and money to find a suitable software that I could use to write the documentation. The actual reasoning behind sending the screenshot is much deeper than "HAHAHAHAH I WANT TO CLOWN RED". I understand that I could have been nicer and not sent the meme videos. I did not know you found them to be condescending, it was a (pathetic) attempt at being somewhat funny.

• Ok people can we stop arguing in the app if this is personal take it to dms this is the thing that starts up drama which is not a good look for anyone especially admins of all people I'm not trying to be rude ok just if you want to talk about something just talk about it private if you don't want to cause drama if it's something this bad I would try to work things out and not fight because fighting causes a lot of stuff in the community which nobody wants

E3rayehWUAQJUGj.jpg?width=1047&height=588

• I'd like to also clarify that I am with Red. I agree that Taah's behavior was definitely inappropriate. I'm talking to Taah and the rest of the team about this so it doesn't happen again in the future as I wasn't aware this happened.

•   RedEastWood No where in the requirements does it say you need to be nice to be a senior admin. There have been plenty of and still are not nice senior admins.

As an objective reader of this argument, I can say without a doubt that it was you being rude to Telesphoreo. I can understand wanting assistance, but he isn’t required to provide it. Based off of the way you responded to him not helping you, I don’t think you are very nice.

Anyways, I vouch.