Remove the Hub

• I've seen people vouching for removing it and to stay organised i've made this thread. Here is my proposal:

• Remove the hub and possibly replace it with a fallback chat server for if the server dies.
    • Freedom will be the default server since everyone joins for just that
    • Skyblock is dead not saying to remove it but just saying its dead and not as important imo
    • Events arent very often and the command can just be put in chat on freedom-01 without problem.

If anyone has additional ideas provide them and ill list them (with credit)

Noah Remove the hub and possibly replace it with a fallback chat server for if the server dies

isn't that literally what the hub is for at this point? a fallback server to kick people to if F-01 goes down???

1gaah.png

• Would definitely take some work, but semi-Vouch.

The Hub as a Hub is really pointless, unless there's some new server around the corner that no one is aware of. With that in mind, all the Hub specific things (mainly Hub Moderators) are also pretty pointless. I can not think of a single benefit to having the Hub other than being a fallback server for Freedom-01 crashing, which…. is not what Hub means.

Personally though, I would rather see significant improvements for stuff like NM and security before the Hub being removed, as it seems like that would be a better use of Dev time/effort, than removing the Hub.

Edit: I also like   Deauthorized suggestion of using the reconnect plugin, if it's doable.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• Vouch. The hub is useless and all it does is make it slower for people to enter freedom-01 if they're not using the direct IP. Vouch also to remove NM, as it's a paid plugin that Ryan wants to make TFM require for some reason.

• I Vouch. Recent spam attacks have shown how problematic it is. Banning these people means they can simppy go to the hub and since we have messages that can be sent across servers, they can spam from the hub which now makes it harder to remove them since now you have to try and get a hub mod to ban them. The hub also only connects to one gamemode - freedom01 which makes it incredibly useless. It wouldn't be as useless if skyblock was connected and actually active as well. Since events are so far and few, only f01 is accessible from the hub, making it an extra step for people who don't connect directly to f01.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• I don’t normally get myself involved in issues here anymore, but I gotta say, I always disliked the hub and would agree in saying that it should be removed.

The hub, in my personal view as a player since 2013, made TF lose a bit of its classic feel of a simple server that with a quick tap you could hop on and enjoy, to just another corporatised, low-effort, generic server. I would say that it’s probably given a lot of new players bad impressions and turned many away because of the lack of anything special with the hub; just another copy and paste cookie cutter commissioned build. And with a server with barely any active playerbase, there’s no real logical reason to have it.

The emptiness of the hub makes the emptiness of the main server feel even bigger, and as previously stated, it feels like a failing illusion that the server is a big network, when in reality it’s not.

what i said is pretty unrelated to the rest of what i see here, but regardless, that’s what i got

Vouch

• Official Post

Denied, we have some additional game modes in the works (As per announcements you'll hopefully have seen earlier in the year) so the hub will start to make more sense.

The hub does need some more TLC and I'll be working with ClayCoconut and the MB Team shortly to start getting some improvements and enhancements made to the world itself.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK