Social Credit Score

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • vouch, this would have 0 effect on frequent players who gain rep points, and encourage playtime and communication to gain more rights - this could also maybe be used to extend OP rights without risking any abuse since it's locked behind rep points
    I don't really understand why people are objecting, i think there should be some reasoning at least (instead of just "no")

• This community already has a problem with immediately assuming all new players are nefarious horrible bypassers, shoving it down their throats how you shouldn't grief or you'll get banned before saying another word to them. We're about as welcoming as a shotgun shell to the face.

This just makes that much, much worse. Genuinely an awful suggestion - unless you like the idea of this community never growing because nobody new can establish themselves properly.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Is there a real reason to have this? I personally think totalfreedom doesn't need this since it would not make that much of a contribution to the server whatsoever. No hate but I think this idea is pure idiotic and will fail hard since it could be abused by groups of people to take down other individuals they dislike thus creating more problems and conflicts. TF is already dramatic as is and does not need more things that will contribute to the amount of drama daily. This is all I have to say.

meow-upscaled.png

•   Noah

Neither will anyone who large parts of the community dislike - even if the reasons for disliking them are irrational, prejudiced and/or based in hate.

This is one of the many problems with this idea.. it'll eventually turn this place into an echo chamber. Players who don't do anything wrong could get a low reputation for silly things. Maybe they have a differing political view to the majority. Or maybe they happened to annoy someone who has a lot of alt accounts and a large friend group who all go and downvote them. And speaking of alts.. what's stopping someone with a NordVPN and TheAltening subscription from increasing their own rep.. or ruining the rep of someone they dislike?

I see this less as giving features to high reputation players, and moreso restricting features from players who are deemed "unliked" by the community. As I said earlier, these reasons don't have to be rational either, since you can just downvote someone for whatever you want.

I could go into further detail, but quite frankly you could just go and find any dystopian piece of media which often showcases the many, many downfalls of a social credit score. And in those situations you can't rig your score with alts.

TotalFreedom (but only if everyone likes you)

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• hmmm lets see how can we cheese this one

lets say akef(atherless)u just makes like 20 alts (which he already has through the raids

those alts all go and upvote one of the alts with some prewritten reasons and get that one alt to a crazy high score

then that alt goes and bypasses literally everything with its score and fucks up a ton of stuff

repeat this a few times and boom, now raids are even more cancer-causing

also this can be done in the reverse:

akef(atherless)u’s alts could mass downvote literally everyone and destroy the whole system

pretty clear to see why this wouldnt work

object

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• @'Miasmus.' Here you go.

• Foundational
      A social credit system by design is intended to revoke/grant rights to people based on a score that would be influenced by the community, management, and/or both. This system goes against the foundation of the server, where the goal is to grant as much rights/freedoms and as equally as possible by design, not by credit.

• Social
      A system like this would heavily discourage diversity in opinions as then people in all likelihood lose social credit just for having a different opinion. With their freedoms being revoked, these people would feel discriminated against and thus be discouraged from continuing to play on the server. Combined with the extremely high likelihood of occurring due to this server's demographic, this scenario becomes breeding ground for a hivemind worse than Reddit and Twitter.

• Logical
      A system like this for a Minecraft server raises a lot of questions. How would this system even work? Would one's actions of the past count towards their social credit score? What would result in one gaining or losing social credit? Where would the credit be stored? What rights would be revoked/granted? It just doesn't make sense.

image.png

• I'm going to deny this, while I appreciate the idea behind it, I don't think this execution works for TF.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 September 18, 2022 at 1:24 AM

Closed the thread.