ixnoah's bad behavour

root you ain’t one to talk given you blew up at people for having opinions.

Matscalle is a literal child, and he isn’t the one applying for admin.

Comparing behaviours isn’t relevant when one party (matscalle) doesn’t need to behave well, whilst Noah (an admin applicant) does.

Luke but in the same strand you routinely attack and yell at others for much less and can act really rudely sometimes.

While I was truly devastated by that burn by matscalle, he isn’t applying for admin.

@'anemone' his code was a mess when i saw it, to the point where he had multiple people fixing it for him whenever he made a change

Asking other people for help with coding is not a bad thing at all! You can learn by doing, it even shows someone has genuine interest and wants to learn, from my experience it does not define someone's skill level.

I have access to the ixBot repository and it is much, much better than your average skid code.

Trust me I've seen people writing shitty Discord DDoS bots and the code of those is just a fucking total mess.

Everything in one file, hard coded variables, credit littered all over stdout and comments with shitty ASCII art plus a lot of API tokens.

•   matscalle I won't use my power for bad and i know i can't prove it, but an admin role just allows moderation of the server and banning users. I know status and responsibility comes with it but just because i said i'd fuck your mother (which yes, can be considered untasteful in this day & age) doesn't mean i'm going to ban every user who says i smell like burnt pretzels.

•   Luke That’s a separate thread. This is a player conduct report.

Are we not going to treat this like an actual player conduct report? Especially considering the player being reported is an admin applicant, who stated they read a checklist which confirms that admins are held to higher standards than OPs?

RedEastWood Matscalle is a literal child, and he isn’t the one applying for admin.

tell me how mat being a child and not applying for admin is relevant?

are you saying that if i was never an admin and a child, i could get away with screaming at people for having opinions? because that's what this sounds like and that's fucking stupid.

you don't make posts like this thread and then hope you can just not have people call you out for doing something similar.

applying for admin or not, the general thing should be to not be a dick regardless.

(as ive already stated, i feel that noah's replies were unwarranted n such as well.)

1gaah.png

•   RedEastWood if they were being held to a higher standard would we not be punishing mats for doing the same thing he reported noah for? can you tell me when anyone has said at any point in time he's not going to be punished because of status?

the way I see it this is just a feud between two individuals.. mats acts and behaves in the same way as noah does and is just telling tales so we end up punishing noah. I've told noah he can get suspended and formally warned if he does this as admin, and other than that I'm not entirely sure on what to do because it's just a silly argument between two kids that are trying to involve us. in my eyes its the equivalent of when in primary school you told on your mate because you were mad at him for asking your girlfriend out.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

root tell me how mat being a child and not applying for admin is relevant?

Because you are comparing the actions of someone who has no obligation to act maturely, to someone who does have an obligation to act maturely.

Noah has an obligation to act maturely, matscalle does not. I accept it does not give matscalle the best reputation.

root are you saying that if i was never an admin and a child, i could get away with screaming at people for having opinions?

You probably could. You wouldn’t be liked for it, and you might feel resented, but you could “get away with it” from an administrative point of view.

root applying for admin or not, the general thing should be to not be a dick regardless.

I agree with you, I am just saying it is illogical to hold Noah and Matscalle to the same standard. That seems fairly reasonable to me.

Luke if they were being held to a higher standard would we not be punishing mats for doing the same thing he reported noah for?

I don’t think you understand my point. My point is that you cannot hold Matscalle to the same standards as Noah, because he is an admin applicant. Me and you have gotten a lot of abuse hurled at us in our times as admin, and we most definitely cannot react in the way Noah did.

Luke can you tell me when anyone has said at any point in time he’s not going to be punished because of status?

I don’t get what you’re saying. What does this sentence mean?

My posts are in reference to holding Matscalle and Noah to the same standard.

•   RedEastWood Ok Red. I'll handle this appeal in the proper manner like you've requested. I elected to give both of them a verbal warning, but you've made it clear that it shouldn't be so lenient.

Noah, I'm going to ban you for 24h. Ensure this doesn't happen again, and if it does action will be taken against you if you are admin. Mats, I'm also going to ban you for 24h for contributing and continuing the argument as well as overall toxicity to other users. As it stands, both are OPs and should be treated in the same way. After all, we shouldn't be giving special treatment here.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg