RedEastWood - Discord Moderator Application

1. What is your full discord name (Ex: DiscordUser#1234)

Redeastwood#3771

1. What is your Minecraft IGN? (Ex: Wild1145)

RedEastWood

1. What is your timezone?

GMT

1. Do you have any previous experience in discord moderation or administration?

I have run three discord servers for my now defunct Minecraft servers. The largest was URF with 85 members, this probably required the most frequent moderation. The Anarchy+ server was smaller but it attracted a lot of “the wrong crowd” (you get the idea), so it required a lot of hands on moderation and constant moderation. Lastly, the OpenMC server was the one that required the least work since it attracted the most peaceful crowd, but we still had one raid that required moderation.

1. Why should you be picked over others? (Describe in 50 words or more)

I am able to see both sides of an argument very well, and I can make incredibly difficult decisions using sound reasoning. I also have a personal policy of education before punishment, and I’m sure that @"erin"#107 can attest to that by how I handled Pyro making suicide jokes. I think that my maturity and experience both in the real world, and regarding the intricacies of this community put me above other applicants. My dedication towards this server speaks for itself through my aid of Video and Erin in their duties, and previously my dedication as an executive. However, I do have flaws that I fully understand and recognise - such as the flaw that I would rather do things by myself instead of asking for help, or the flaw that I can have the best intentions but come across as rude. While I am working on this, I think that my self-awareness regarding my own shortcomings put my above others who feign ignorance.

1. Describe in 50 words or less how you would be the ideal candidate for this position.

I am able to make tough decisions quickly by weighing out both sides of an argument. I am able to distinguish both sides of an argument and draw accurate comparisons. I am able to come to substantiated judgements regarding situations. I am able to work in a team of skilled moderators.

1. How much time in the average week can you dedicate to moderation activities on the guild?

84 hours a week. (12 hours standby per day)

1. Have you read and also understood our current discord rules? (Yes or No)

I have.

1. Have you read and understood Discord’s Guidelines & TOS? (Yes or No)

I have.

1. Have you read the note(s) below? (Yes or No)

I have (not attached for minimalism)

DragonSlayer2189 refusal to work with MB team in favor of paying some random dude,

The MB team was incredibly inactive. This lacks an incredible amount of context that you haven’t provided. I constantly asked for new spawns to be made, I constantly asked in admin chat for the MBs to make more spawns (literally most admins can attest to this), and the cherry on top is that for the last three weeks of me being the EMM I literally did the ECD’s job for them. That’s right, and no this isn’t a joke, click this.

I seem to remember Ashaz commenting on me doing the ECD’s job for them, so hopefully he can validate what I’m saying.

TLDR is I asked so many times for new spawns, I literally pissed off the entire staff team by asking the MBs to make new spawns, and yet I was given no new spawns. So I bought my own pack of spawns to use. I am sure that anyone who was staff when I was EMM can corroborate to this fact.

In fact, the current ECD @"ClayCoconut"#130 has said in the discord admin chat that the ECD team was so inactive that I did their job for them (admins click here), Ashaz follows up by saying how he feels bad for me that I had to do make the spawn instead of the ECD.

Second edit - there is so much evidence in favour of my case. Admins click here. I will ask Video if I can have his blessing to post some of these admin chat conversations. I think it’s important that people know the sheer state of the ECD team at the time. More evidence of me literally annoying everyone and asking for the ECD to make spawns

Third edit - the ECD at the time (Dragon) was so incredibly inactive, that not one, but two threads were opened up about him in the admin section of the forum. It wasn’t just me who was pissed off at the lack of work being done (I just wanted my spawns man 😭). I did not refuse to work with the MBs, you refused to be active. Admins click here. For those who can’t see it, here is a direct quote from Ashaz - “Red shouldn't be having to cover for the things that Dragon is meant to be doing, like getting a new hub built, getting the plotworld spawn set.”

I had no choice but to use my own means to get spawns - the ECD did not provide me with any new spawns after weeks of badgering, and a lot of staff members noticed this. Do you think I wanted to spend money on a block game spawn?

DragonSlayer2189 only decided not to be AECD but also left the community in its entirety, among other things

I have never spoken to any possible AECD except for Coco. If this is in fact true and you haven’t just made this up, please tell me who they are so I can give them the apology they deserve. If you don’t want to tell me who they are for whatever reason, I hope they read this so I can apologise on discord - message me at redeastwood#3771 and I will try my best to sort everything out.

• vouch

in my experience with red he values good reasoning over agreement and respects others opinions if they are reasonable. i think this is a great skill as a discord mod because arguments are bound to happen and someone who sees past opinions and cares more about a productive discussion would be very useful on the discord mod team.

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png