Discord Mod Application - wxtermelon/Ashaz

What is your full discord name (Ex: DiscordUser#1234)

wxtermelon#3558

What is your Minecraft IGN? (Ex: Wild1145)

InnocentMango

What is your timezone?

BST/GMT+1/UTC+1

Do you have any previous experience in discord moderation or administration?

Yes. I currently manage 2 discord servers with over 16,000 members. The two servers are "Nieces and Nephews" and "doobyverse". Both of these servers are ran for the YouTubers NigelNg and doobydobap.

EDIT: I would like to mention that I manage these servers on another account, which I can prove the identity for. The Discord Administrator Luke also knows my other discord account.

Why should you be picked over others? (Describe in 50 words or more)

One reason I should be considered for this position is due to the long time I have spent on Discord. I've been using Discord for over 5 years and I feel that with my experience of many situations in many servers, I am fit for the role as I know what to do at the right time.

Another reason I should be considered is because of my experience with managing Discord Servers. I've been managing doobyverse for 5 months or so now, and as that server has grown I've encountered a variety of people. I've had paid commissions for my work before, an example is the Nieces and Nephews server. I feel that with these two reasons combined, I have the right experience and knowledge for the job.

Describe in 50 words or less how you would be the ideal candidate for this position.

I've been in the community for over 2 years now since my return in January 2020. I know the people, what goes on around here and how things work. I've had experience as an admin and I've experienced the Discord server quite a bit. I'd also be good for this role as I can easily adjust to what the rank expects of me.

How much time in the average week can you dedicate to moderation activities on the guild?

With my discord open, probably about 1-2 hours a week at the moment. This will increase after GCSEs.

Have you read and also understood our current discord rules? (Yes or No)

Yes.

Have you read and understood Discord’s Guidelines & TOS? (Yes or No)

Yes.

Have you read the note(s) below? (Yes or No)

Yes.

Allink probably not leave the server daily as I’d assume that’d get in the way of your mod duty

Although I understand this may be a joke, I think it's important for me to clarify my recent exit.

I've been a target recently by a certain group due to my religion and it felt a little overwhelming. I apologise for leaving at the time.

RedEastWood You have a habit of leaving the server frequently and this has gotten worse in the past few months due to your revision.

I agree with this on the whole, but I've managed to set my priorities straight now and have been able to manage my time.

@'wxtermelon' but I’ve managed to set my priorities straight now and have been able to manage my time.

That sounds very good, is it cool if you tell me what’s changed from now and before when u did used to leave frequently? Like how are u able to manage ur time.

@'wxtermelon' Although I understand this may be a joke, I think it’s important for me to clarify my recent exit.

I’ve been a target recently by a certain group due to my religion and it felt a little overwhelming. I apologise for leaving at the time.

No I'm serious. Leaving the server because of an attack on your religion is all, however hypothetically, if you had the discord mod rank, a raid happened in-between you leaving and you weren't available to help as you had left and there were no staff available, what would have happened?

Allink an attack on your religion is all

It wasn't because of an attack on my religion, it was an attack at me for my religion.

Allink if you had the discord mod rank, a raid happened in-between you leaving and you weren’t available to help as you had left and there were no staff available, what would have happened?

I usually wouldn't leave. Others can attest to the fact that I've faced a lot worse bullying and harassment before, and I've not left. In the last year, I left in July after about 4-5 months of harassment but before that I never left due to feeling overwhelmed from harassment.

The night which the incident for me being attacked due to me being part of my religion, it was around 12AM for me (which is late to me) and usually at night I wouldn't be moderating the chat as I'd be asleep. However, as the incident happened just before I went to sleep, I remembered it very clearly and was still thinking about it when I woke up. It kinda horrified me and I needed to clear my mind a bit.

In future, it won't be like this. That one night just turned out to be a night that I was struggling with my sleep schedule and I'll do my best to avoid this in the future.

• @'wxtermelon' you dont need to apologise or justify yourself for that situation. It was entirely fucked up and I don’t blame you. Personally I meant when you just leave and rejoin for no reason. Pretty sure at one point you just left for a week straight.

RedEastWood That sounds very good, is it cool if you tell me what’s changed from now and before when u did used to leave frequently? Like how are u able to manage ur time.

To be honest, it was really just me being an admin in the Minecraft server. You might ask why I'm applying for Discord Moderator then, if I couldn't maintain my admin rank. Discord is something different, it's a platform I don't have to open a game for and end up wasting time on for 20-30 minutes because I end up playing. At the time, I had a lack of self-control. I feel that I've improved on that and I can provide my services to help our server.

@'wxtermelon' Yes. I currently manage 2 discord servers with over 16,000 members. The two servers are “Nieces and Nephews” and “doobyverse”. Both of these servers are ran for the YouTubers NigelNg and doobydobap.

EDIT: I would like to mention that I manage these servers on another account, which I can prove the identity for. The Discord Administrator Luke also knows my other discord account.

Do you mind proving the identity?