Temporary admin removals

• Under the guidance of Fyrsta, I've made the decision to temporarily remove 2 admins (jwmphall and Dr. Fools) pending an investigation.

More details about the case will be provided as the investigation develops. I understand that this may be rather vague, but given the circumstances I felt this needed to be done.

image.png

• What exactly is the benefit of this investigation? As far as I can see, it's taking up resources, and is literally some FBI level stuff for admins that already got suspended. At least, more transparency would be appreciated. I understand the matter can be sensitive but at the same time, I don't really understand how anything on TF of all things would be taken so seriously.

• @'Miasmus.' The goal of the investigation was to figure out who was involved in the recent raids and suspend them. Someone was leaking shit to the raider, so we removed those three who were the most likely candidates as for who was doing it and who was involved in the actual raids.

As far as I know, the investigation is nearing its end, and all that needs to be done is a public announcement explaining everything. I've been working on a big thread for the near future explaining the case and I'm sorry for not being transparent about it right now, but just know that when this is over, you'll know what happened.

image.png

•   enchy > thw we built all the ships and military stuff smh

Transmission # 23-8-15. Designate: X-RAY

The Soviets launched Operation Olympus at the End of the War.

3rd Shock Army Special Operations sent to Arctic Circle

Viktor Reznov detached to unit 45—Last Known alias after Action: "The Wolf"

1200 Hours October 29, 1945

• Given that it’s been nearly 3 weeks, is the investigation over?

I don’t mean this question in a rude way, it’s just some applications/reinstatements have been open for quite some time. I understand voting is active on some of these but on others there is little activity.

• In addition to the three admins I mentioned earlier, I'm going to be removing Charge completely until further notice even though he had already resigned.

The document explaining everything is getting closer and closer to completion, and I hope by this month the document will be finished and publicized.

image.png

• For transparency, I've decided to disclose the exact reason these admins have all been removed, now that I'm confident that I can safely do so without compromising the investigation. All four were involved in a corruption ring with Mosley, Sperience, and Flobbier at the center with the goal of disrupting the community/server through various ways. The thread that is currently in the works will explain more and even provide evidence, but for now here's each admin's removal reason:

• jwmphall - Involved with covering up Mosley's involvement with the recent attacks against the server, helping coordinate the ownership vote-off with the group, and ultimately covering up his own involvement with the group as a whole.

• Dr_fools - Providing (or enabling a malicious user to use his accounts to supply) administrator-exclusive resources to the group chat, some of which was then used by Mosley to taunt the admins publicly when he was raiding the server.

• kanst - Providing administrator-exclusive resources to the group, one of which was used by Ivan to taunt staff members who discussed him in the admin chats before the attacks began.

• Charge1158 - Involved with the attacks against the server, either as a supplier of accounts (specifically, VideoIsAFurry) or as a participant of the attacks.

Contrary to the group's belief, the reason I removed Dr_fools and jwmphall at the beginning of the investigation was because it was so blatantly obvious that they were all in a group chat that it was almost painful. I figured I'd remove them because they were the most likely candidates. At the time I had concluded it was one of them from the knowledge below:

• I had screenshots of Mosley raiding the server, and he was an obvious member of the group chat (he went along with their jokes very fluently).

• The only admin who was in that group chat and online on the forums at the time of the attackers taunting admins with admin-exclusive details was Dr_fools. I figured this out by comparing the time the raiders brought up admins-only topics from the forums with the "last online" timestamp that Flarum provides using mathematical calculations.

• jwmphall is close to Mosley, to the point where he even has a rank on Mosley's server.

It's funny. One group member proudly stroked his ego by declaring that the group had so much power over the server, but I sure as fuck haven't noticed any difference to the community.

image.png