kanst - Suspension.

• schultz has been suspended from his administrator position for one week for violation section 3c of the staff conduct policy by misusing administrative control actions on a player.

Whilst the player was indeed breaking the rules, the manner in which it was dealt with was inappropriate - they were already receiving a fair amount of flak from the online playerbase after being caught, and a staff member egging this on was quite unacceptable.

I will note that kanst has publically apologized for the incident on Sunday evening.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Did I fall in an alternate timeline?

Seriously though, I second Luke, don't let kanst be the scapegoat if other admins were involved.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• I don't 100% agree with the reasoning behind this.

kanst caged a player who tried to crash the server and threw eggs at them whilst making it a public event, which yes is kind of stupid to do, but I don't see why he should be suspended for this.

•   uvb I agree. I also don't really see how other players or admins should get in trouble for this, considering literally all they did was see what kanst did and also throw eggs at a server crasher? Not harassment IMO, just daily TF behavior.

• This whole event is so played up its hilarious. If aqua was genuinely embarrassed by the situation they have the ability to leave the server. The fact that participants are writing paragraphs apologizing for throwing minecraft eggs at Aqua is actually so funny to me. At most this warrants a warning to kanst and nobody else.

I completely disagree with this suspension.

• It's worth noting that this suspension in question is not indefinite. The suspension is supposed to last only a week, and was intended to be more of a "you did something really stupid, don't do it again" and less of a "how fucking dare you, you shall pay in hell for your sins".

image.png

• This was posted on behalf of someone who would like to remain anonymous. So don't witch-hunt me for this shit, ty.

This suspension is invalid, and should be nullified.

Firstly, kanst is a completely competent admin. I can't think of a single instance when he ever violated staff conduct prior to this situation, if someone could name an instance, that would be great. One mistake like this shouldn't constitute a suspension, at most a formal warning.

I don't understand how a suspension would help teach a lesson one bit; kanst has already acknowledged his mistake, personally apologized to Aqua, and apologized to Aqua (along with the community) via the forum. It's clear that kanst knows what he did was wrong, and he won't do it again. A warning towards him would be fair, and is the most logical sanction.

I should also clarify there was literally a staff member online while this "event" happened. A similar punishment (or at least some punishment) should be handed out to them for enabling this situation, that is to say they did not intervene with anything that happened or tried to stop it in the slightest. If kanst is suspended, then they should get sanctioned too.

Higher ups in this server frequently ban server crashers (sometimes humiliate them publicly) (such as Moles) for reasons such as "Fuck off" and "Insert pun about their username here", and people laugh at the ban messages. There's no exact line that is considered "too far" for regular administrators because higher ranking administrators on TotalFreedom set a precedent for admin abuse, or at least not giving proper justification for sanctions. I agree what kanst did was wrong and stupid, but it's not half as scummy as stuff I see admins do regularly that are played off as jokes.

To address the point of "3c, kanst maliciously abused power", does this not apply when admins orbit OPs as a joke? I can't count how many times I've been orbited by admins using both my fingers and toes combined. I've even been smitten before as a joke, granted only a few times, but my point still stands.

uvb This suspension is invalid, and should be nullified.

It isn’t up to you to decide if it is valid, but I will still respond to your points to the best of my ability.

uvb Firstly, kanst is a completely competent admin.

I agree, he often does his job well

uvb I can’t think of a single instance when he ever violated staff conduct prior to this situation

This point is useless, he violated staff conduct in this situation - doesn’t matter if he hasn’t done it previously. Note the leniency of the suspension, just one week; that should be sufficient for a first time offence of this nature.

uvb that is to say they did not intervene with anything that happened or tried to stop it in the slightest. If kanst is suspended, then they should get sanctioned too.

I should have mentioned earlier that the investigation hasn’t concluded. The “kanst section” has concluded, but other admins online at the time are still being investigated. I can assure you that all admins here will be held to the same standard.

uvb One mistake like this shouldn’t constitute a suspension, at most a formal warning.

I’m afraid that you can’t decide on that, the suspension was quite lenient and to be frank folks involved were calling for a harsher term but Video insisted on just a week.

uvb I don’t understand how a suspension would help teach a lesson one bit; kanst has already acknowledged his mistake, personally apologized to Aqua, and apologized to Aqua (along with the community) via the forum. It’s clear that kanst knows what he did was wrong, and he won’t do it again.

Consequences hardly work like that. There are sanctions for a reason, simply admitting your mistake isn’t enough I’m afraid. I’m sure you know that isn’t typical of just this server too, if you forget your homework at school you will be sanctioned regardless of how sorry you are (I’d think so at least). It’s worth noting that kanst’s apology and sincerity about this matter is part of what got him such a short suspension term. There does need to be some tangible sanction, we can’t just ignore this.

uvb Higher ups in this server frequently ban server crashers (sometimes humiliate them publicly) (such as Moles) for reasons such as “Fuck off” and “Insert pun about their username here”, and people laugh at the ban messages.

I agree with you on this. If we are going to enforce the rule here, we should enforce it everywhere. I’ll bring this up with others. A distinction can be made though, Aqua actually DMd players expressing his humiliation and desire for it to stop - none of the Moles members reported anything.

uvb but it’s not half as scummy as stuff I see admins do regularly that are played off as jokes.

I don’t think this is true. Kanst basically got the entire server to poke fun at one helpless guy, who was visibly uncomfortable with the situation.

uvb To address the point of “3c, kanst maliciously abused power”, does this not apply when admins orbit OPs as a joke? I can’t count how many times I’ve been orbited by admins using both my fingers and toes combined. I’ve even been smitten before as a joke, granted only a few times, but my point still stands.

The general rule around here is, if it bothers you report it, if you don’t report it then don’t bring it up later. I appreciate it sounds uncompromising but it does help in situations like this where suddenly everybody has something they want to report. If you were truly uncomfortable, you should have reported it.

Responding to @' xX_RobloxGamer_Xx' - not ginlang.