plugin test server

• i have been seeing a ton of approved suggestions that have never been added so..
    making a test server would help to allow people to find bugs and report them so it can be added faster

codium multimatter redanium sporres

• This is the entire purpose of the dev server we already have. It can if required be opened to the public, but the reality is we've not had capacity in the dev team to test and assure the plugins, which is why it has not happened. No additional servers are required.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I vouch for opening a dev server to the public with more lenient rules and the such, I think with the recent increase in developers (and probably one more to come) and rigorous exploit testing by yours truly and Yurni, the server could greatly benefit. Also just a fun way to play with plugins the server might otherwise not have.

• Very soon the dev server will be utilized to the community for testing purposes.

Edit: let me clarify; this has been in the works for quite some time (since the first 1.17 uplift where I fucked a bunch of shit up). We will be, in the coming weeks, opening the dev server for all users to test a multitude of different things, one of which will be using Plex as a replacement for TFM, but will also include other things such as plugin updates and/or new additions. There will be specific timeframe windows for when the dev server will be open directly to the community, and those times will be announced on discord and forums a few days before they open.

• Official Post

Denied, we have the development server and if appropriate it can be opened to the general public from time to time for additional testing.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 July 20, 2022 at 7:04 PM

Closed the thread.