rust totalfreedom server

• hey everyone i have been playing a bit of rust and how far i have seen it it could have some epic building ideas but on normal servers people grief a ton what if totalfreedom would make a rust server with

loot+

more then one island (i have no idea if this is possible)

no killing and no griefing

no build decay

codium multimatter redanium sporres

• Object I don't believe there will be much interest, so it won't be worth the effort and resources required to get it off the ground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   Noah its mostly building like normal totalfreedom want to grief on freedom-01? no i dont think so. yes its 40 bucks but minecraft is close to 20 and people still play it

erin resources

as i look you dont need any weird stuff as if ryan wants he can still host it on a third party site

codium multimatter redanium sporres

•   matscalle the difference doesnt matter as people looking for mc servers already have the game but this will be within the community and i doubt anyone would buy it, and rust is a way differernt game to mc. griefing & killing makes it more fun as its survival based and tf is a creative server

• A lot of your suggestions tend to have this thought process of ‘I played this game and it has a multiplayer mode. TotalFreedom should make a server here’ without considering key aspects such as the potential playerbase and the interest in the game.

I’m not sure how Rust works - all I know is that it is $40. Please detail what it is and why you think it’ll help TotalFreedom.

• going to reiterate what i said in the discord server because i think its an important point to make.

it would be difficult to get an entire community on a server to transition to another game, especially for shit like minecraft which is very accessable to the average joe. feasable...enough to run on a toaster enough and not too hard to setup and enough people actually own the game. its what people are acustomed to here and people wont just jump on board because we've made a new server for another game. theres shit to keep in mind when it comes to an accessiblity to a game.

i know quite a bit of the community doesn't even have access to any sort of hardware that'd run rust period. i know also theres an aspect of the community that probably cant be fucked to try get something else setup and i know people that simply wont invest in something blindly like that or have anything to buy it with legally period.

if we were a different community or an average discord community, things would be different since majority of people i know own minecraft and have it installed it makes it accessable especially if they've got really shit hardware. useful retention strategy i reckon in the discord community aspect to keep people around for longer.

my point being, i long for a TotalFreedom FiveM server because it would be funny and beats the shit out of the roleplay server oversaturation. but would it be successful? fuck no. i know theres people that own GTA 5 and can run it just fine in here but i know a collective on toasters and more that dont even own GTA 5 or are willing to install it and FiveM just to play on TF FiveM server. it wouldn't be worth the manpower if it didn't keep people around and would take away the effort that could be put into the freedom server unless a magic group of fresh bloods pop up but even then would need something to cultivate more people and i just in general dont see that happening

similar case for rust. its £35 quid for the base game and seems to require a heafty amount of ram and specs in general. i'd argue even less accessible than something like GTA 5 marginally. i think i forsee an argument being made of cultivating a second community but there'd have to be people on the server in the first place because i dont play multiplayer to be on my own. if i wanted a multiplayer experience by myself i'd selfhost my own shit locally lmaoo

its not realistic. and for fuck sake i actually became the very thing i swore to destroy. an OP with too many opinions and paragraphs 😭

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• Official Post

Denied due to lack of community support and because it doesn't really align with the direction the community is moving in.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 July 20, 2022 at 6:34 PM

Closed the thread.