Reguarly Re-set the main world

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @wild1145#312 Correct, that would make us a server of multiple categories, and to claim that "we are not a creative server" just isn't true. The server is what we make it, and judging suggestions because they do not fit into arbitrary categories isn't sensical.

If you look at this image...

If you look at the server's own website:

HTML
    <meta name="kewords" content="TF,minecraft,totalfreedom,free op,server,worldedit,freebuild">  

We've advertised this server under multiple keywords, we fit under said categories, which makes your argument against Panther's comparison flawed.

• Worlds should only be wiped if a crash chunk or laggy chunk is present and all other methods of handling it have been exhausted (CoreProtect rollbacks, deleting chunks, etc). While I understand that we often did this back during Mark's ownership and were just fine, times have changed.

Object.

image.png

• @videogamesm12#326 The entire server crashes multiple times a day trying to load the worlds into memory... That feels like a reasonable reason to re-evaluate a decision we made as I understand purely by technical reasons and not because it was really asked for..?

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @fssp#321 I stand corrected, everywhere I've looked we advertise ourselves either as "FreeOP" or "Other".

I do stand by the rest of the argument that we're not JUST a creative server, and we should be able to accommodate that. I'm personally all for treating this more like a sandbox server again, but appreciate that's not what the majority of people want, and I think that wouldn't be a wise idea myself, but having somewhere players have something to do beyond building and that actually looks presentable feels like something we really should be striving for if we want to try to continue to grow... How many servers do you realistically join where their main spawn looks like shit nearly all the time?

Wild1145

• @Captainclimber#363 It's not inherently a problem, it's something I think would enhance the player experience, and I think would fix some of the other things that I think may be an issue (But can't prove because I've not dug into it enough yet).

And yes, moving spawn in flatlands is great, but there are never any large spawns put in that actually give players to do, and they tend to look shite after about an hour of being there and never moved... I just think having "Proper" and much larger overworld maps where players that are like me and like to be more social and nosey around, can do that without either exploring a flatlands that looks like it's been attacked 24/7...

I do also more generally think that we should be aware of what we're running on the server, and I'd personally be supportive of semi-regular resets on the flatlands world as well, but ultimately less so bothered on that and is out of scope of this suggestion.

Wild1145

• So I'm still a firm believer that this is the right way forward, however given the community view I'm going to leave this on the back burner for a while, and see if my mind is changed going forward and then will re-visit this.

I would still very much welcome feedback and thoughts from those who have not yet voiced their views here.

Wild1145

• So based on the fact nobody else has replied and this has fallen to the bottom of suggestions.

I am approving this suggestion (Isn't it great when you're owner)

However, it will ultimately end up in a somewhat different format and there will be an additional world which will serve as the main "Spawn World" where these sorts of maps can be restored into. The current worlds will all be retained in their current formats and we will encourage building to take place in those worlds rather than the spawn world which will be wiped at little notice and on a somewhat regular basis.

This won't go into place any time soon as there is a lot of other enabling work behind the scenes and there will be some other changes I want to make to the way the current setup runs before this goes into place.

I won't lock this in case anyone else wants to add anything but will mark it approved for transparency purposes.

Wild1145