remove the rule not to speak languages then english

• Not sure if this is what matscalle was referring to. Anyway, the current rule on the matter is:

wild1145 Our community’s primary language is English, and we ask that in public threads, channels and messaging you use English as a general rule of thumb.

In my opinion, "we ask" and "as a general rule of thumb" implies common sense to be applied as appropriate. If you believe some admins are too strict or lenient, we can discuss it in our space to avoid unequal treatment.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Objection - Reason why this rule exists has nothing to do with discrimination (as some people are saying), but purely to do with the fact that majority of the staff would be unable to moderate such messages and a lot of people would be able to get away with breaking the chat rules just by doing so in another language.

• Official Post

So I'm not going to change the current rules as it stands, however, will say that as long as you follow the community guidelines and as long as it's understood that the majority of our staff are English speakers and so is the primary language of the server that's fine. I certainly don't want to encourage being rude to non-English speakers nor do I want them to be punished simply for not speaking English.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 July 20, 2022 at 6:33 PM

Closed the thread.