Regarding Nick

• Sorry if this is the wrong tag

I'd like to bring everyone's attention to this

this image shows nick streaming breaking bad, an r-rated show, to me and some others. he streamed 2 episodes, violating copyright laws and also showing an 18+ show to minors. he began streaming after most people had left the VC, and after they had left, nick began streaming. I was in the voice chat before he began streaming, a person has testified to it being pirated/taken from a pirating website

this raises the question of why nick has gone unpunished for all this time while others have been punished aptly. Ryan has said that he’s been investigating the matter but with these events having occurred there should be no question of how to proceed, seeing as piracy and the distribution of copyrighted content would likely go punished if the offender were not a discord mod. Ryan has taken a hard stance on banning players for what he interprets to be illegal and so there doesn’t seem to be any reason an exception should be made here.

Laws violated:
    1. Copyright

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Act_of_1976 (U.S. Law)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright…atents_Act_1988 (U.K. Law)

NotPetya this raises the question of why nick has gone unpunished for all this time while others have been punished aptly.

Put simply there is evidence that contradicts yours and I'm not at home at the moment to finish looking into the matter. I have a lot of he said she said but very little actual evidence that is properly concrete. It's being investigated and once I'm satisfied there is either a rule violation or not a rule violation a post will be made with the evidence seen and why I've reached the decision I reach.

Unfortunately I have a life outside of this server and I'm just busy at the moment. If people have evidence please send it to Luke and myself and I can factor it into my decision making.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• #CancelNick, the only way people will get out any kind of reaction is by making it public instead of letting the actual people in power investigate it.

You posting this is an example, you can't cancel someone who's already cancelled 👀

@'Ryan' Put simply there is evidence that contradicts yours

Concrete evidence has been provided (see the first image), witnesses were in the VC as the incident happened, you could always get a testification from them which would show it's evident that Nick committed the accusation. The incident happened a week ago and we haven't seen a result yet, which is quite concerning. If you could show the "contradicting evidence" to us, that'd be great.

Nick has stated in Freedom-01 "Because it shows that you can't even review a trailer without being called out for copyright" and a few other comments regarding him streaming a trailer rather than the actual episodes itself. This is an obvious attempt from Nick to brush it off and act completely innocent, despite there being proof of the contrary.
    proof

Rex2LostOldAccount Mate you streamed fucking Breaking Bad, if anything happens to you over this this server has than completely gone to the dogs.

This is an obvious violation of both United States and United Kingdom law, as Petya cited in his post. People have been completely obliterated from all platforms for violating UK law on TotalFreedom.

Miasmus suffered the fate of an unappealable discord ban after he posted an entire episode of Spongebob in the discord server. Can someone explain why there is an investigation in Nick's case when Miasmus was banned immediately? Nick has also stated that any violation of copyright on the TotalFreedom discord will result in an unappealable ban from the discord.

fuckyou

• i’m waiting for the final decision before i put forward my own argument towards all of this. in my eyes there’s pretty substantial evidence backed up by testimony and discord logs, whereas all thats been put forward against is a screenshot of search history that wasnt even of the night.. it doesn’t even have timestamps..

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

@'fndndjdnsnsn' Miasmus suffered the fate of an unappealable discord ban after he posted an entire episode of Spongebob in the discord server. Can someone explain why there is an investigation in Nick’s case when Miasmus was banned immediately? Nick has also stated that any violation of copyright on the TotalFreedom discord will result in an unappealable ban from the discord.

Copyright violations are no longer a permanently bannable offense, it's appealable. The Discord Conduct Policy does not mention anything about copyright or how it's enforced as it's discord's job to deal with and I would no longer sit and do their job anymore. I spoke to Miasmus regarding their ban and told them to appeal it once again but not to argue into law as we're nothing but laymen on that topic.

As far as I'm here, I wanna try to keep the discord team away from acting as Law Enforcement and actually have a server that isn't in deep discussion about certain laws since none of us majored in such.

@'fndndjdnsnsn' ck has stated in Freedom-01 “Because it shows that you can’t even review a trailer without being called out for copyright” and a few other comments regarding him streaming a trailer rather than the actual episodes itself. This is an obvious attempt from Nick to brush it off and act completely innocent, despite there being proof of the contrary.

Speaking of a misunderstanding, that was a figure of speech as a way to say that even streaming trailers which is copyrighted can result in trouble which I don't agree with.

I'm not gonna fight or argue endlessly because, at the end of the day, I'm held accountable to Ryan and will fully cooperate with this investigation.

simplynick Copyright violations are no longer a permanently bannable offense, it’s appealable.

——

this should be one of the last cases of copyright violations appeals that will result in an unban, we take law and platform violations very seriously and wish for our players to maintain them at all times.”

You literally just changed the policy when you’re under investigation for it…

RedEastWood You literally just changed the policy when you’re under investigation for it…

Actually no, the policy was changed a few months ago and it was reviewed by Ryan himself. This screenshot is proof of the DCP change and Ryan himself reviewing it.

Draft Number 3, the mention of copyright was removed but it took me a while to get it together and clean it.

•   RedEastWood It shows that the policy was reviewed and I'm not making changes out of nowhere. Yes, you're missing the point. Copyright isn't a Section 1 violation anymore, the policy was updated and put in months after the first violation of such law cases.

I should also mention that I'm not in full control of the Discord especially something such as the DCP, I can't update or modify it without informing him.

• Alright so I'm going to show everything I have found so far - I must remind everyone that this may not necessarily be the full story nor the true picture, there are still aspects I suspect Ryan has withheld from me most likely for privacy reasons on Nick's behalf.

On the night this screenshot was taken

This shows Nick in the VC streaming the show Breaking Bad. 4 other users were in the call at the time. Now I have Discord audit logs for when Nick created a separate voice channel to stream further:

I would also like to call into attention the fact that all screenshots taken were in BST, British Summer Time.

So anyway, the voice channel was then used by several users who were moved in there to watch a stream. A user, who has wished to remain anonymous who I will label X, was asked if he wished to watch the stream. He declined, and was moved back into general voice chat.

Later on, roughly 1hr30 minutes later, this screenshot was taken:
    For one - Notice the time - 9:21pm. Everyone was moved into the chat at 7:51pm:

Therefore, it can be assumed that for the 1hr30 minutes, they were watching two episodes of Breaking Bad, as according to Google the first two episodes of Season 1 are 50 and 40 minutes respectively. Nick has also mentioned several times that he has never seen the show, therefore it can be assumed he watched the first two episodes. It should also be noted the two users stayed in this chat for a while after this screenshot was taken. The reason I say this is also because if he was just watching "a few clips", it wouldn't have likely lasted as long as 1hr30

Nick has provided a screenshot to refute this; this screenshot shows a maximum of 5 videos, the red bar on the video is at the start for every video, and the screenshot was the search history of Nick for the following morning; not the evening where he actually streamed the videos.

Therefore as far as I am concerned we have no evidence to suggest he was actually watching YouTube other than his word. He's provided no evidence of browser history (as far as I am aware at least, I may be wrong about this) despite the stream being from his browser (users can testify) and I don't frankly see as of yet why Ryan is stalling for so long given multiple users have testified to both me and Ryan about the full extent about what they were watching. The users who reported it aren't even users who regularly interact and they have no reason to even lie. It is not even a case of "he said she said" given we have multiple pieces of evidence to support what we are arguing.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg