Owner vote off Proposal

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  •   Miwojedk community does not hold any "rights" over the server anymore and there is actual ownership and control, just like how a minecraft server should be run. this is not a democracy (i know u did not state this), but keep in mind this is a sandbox game.

taah community does not hold any “rights” over the server anymore and there is actual ownership and control, just like how a minecraft server should be run.

I disagree. I think there's a difference between Mark handing the server over to Windows vs. the community electing it's next owner.

I don't think that Wild should host TF as a democracy, but I think it needs emphasizing that TF is only alive because of it's community - not the gamemode or the server in general. If people have quarrels with how Wild is running the server, because they weren't aware he would do so when they elected him, then I think that's an issue. I can certainly testify that I found it troublesome when Wild 'removed' the ownership policy. As I stated in Wild's manifesto-thread: I don't really care if the server is run like a democracy (lol) or how it's run now - I just want transparency, which I think is what (might) be causing a lot of these arguments.
    I don't think it's fair from either side to not listen to the other. Those who want to keep Wild certainly have their valid reasons, and those opposing his ownership also do.

taah ivan’s permban could have had a chance to been appealable had he not attacked ryan personally. i don’t know what he planned to gain from attacking the owner of the server as if he owns the place

It doesn't matter. If we have a set of rules that need to be breached in order to end up on the permban (/irrevocable permban list), then it seems silly to "allow" the owner to ban them anyway because they felt insulted

enchy one of the problems you listed is that ryan doesn’t give a fuck what you think, so why should he suddenly give a fuck and bow to your wishes when youre trying to vote him off as owner?

You don't think it's a problem if the ownership of a (community-driven) server is out of touch with the community and nothing could be done?

Miwojedk It is indeed a community server.

While it's been historically run like that, this vision isn't enforceable anymore since Mark has transferred the legal ownership to Ryan.

Going from memory, according to Ryan's words, Mark contemplated letting TotalFreedom's domain expire rather than passing it to another individual, so it's hard for me to imagine Mark supporting this vote off rather than putting TF out of its misery.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

•   Miwojedk the thing is ryan isnt handed over access, he has total access and ownership of all the resources to run the server including the domain, therefore there is no need for elections or any of that bs. it's his server now and we are members. change happens, u cant prevent it. we're not always going to use the same system because everyone is used to it

•   Miwojedk "nothing can't be done," we thats because you dont have any involvement in the development of our server. if you want to make changes, make suggestions, if you want to add something to the server, make suggestions. ryan perfectly is open to suggestions with enough valid reasoning behind it from my experience in DMing him.

• Making a once-in-a-while forum come back just to put my two cents in.

Whilst a lot of the points might have valid reasons (I can't say I'm up to date with TF things now-a-days though), replacing the owner again is going to be a mammoth task in itself. Two of our three past owners have not left on great terms, whereas the server has been stable under Wild. Personally, I wouldn't want to risk that stability unless Wild truly was some tyrannical dictator.

• I've had a lot of disagreements with Ryan but there comes a point where it becomes borderline bullying… Y'all gotta give him some slack, being the owner of a server that's majority demographic is 10-15-year-olds is tough. Ryan is good enough to pay for this server out of his own pocket with no monetary gain the least he deserves is a community that respects him and doesn't critique him simply for the sake of it at any chance they get.

I believe Ryan is the last owner of TotalFreedom. Even if Ryan were to hand over the server to another owner, if not done right and if done by force the transition would kill TotalFreedom. The community isn't as strong as it was 4 years ago, even 2 years ago and I believe that the numerous owner changes within that period is partly to blame.

jwmphall I believe theyre referring to certain category 0 offenses, especially 0a. Certain players are banned for loose interpretations of 0a like Flobbier while a discord mod streams breaking bad on discord. 0a is an excuse for you to ban any player you want at almost any time because at some point most players have done something you could describe as illegal if you do enough mental gymnastics.

And it's ironic that I'm defending this considering this was what got me banned. When the server was owned just by one dude, somebody infringing copyright or being underage was minuscule -- nobody cared. But when you have a company involved, you jeopardize the company if anybody on here is actively breaking the law. I'm not going to sit here and lie and tell you I would put my company at risk by letting little 12-year-old ixNoah roam the discord just because people were upset TotalFreedom is not complete anarchy.

jwmphall I recall you stating “i can frankly ban whoever i want.”

Can he not? This expectation that TF should be a complete democracy stemmed from the fact that Seth had issues with authority and gave into the community constantly. Not exactly his fault, he's a kid and the server was as much pricks then as they are now. Looking back on mark, he was seen as the most stable owner of TF and the most admired, and he ruled by decree. Probably the best owner we've ever had.

Ryan's a good dude, he's human too and some of you gotta stop being so harsh. I know if it was any of you instead of Ryan you wouldn't do any better at all

taah from what i saw, i’d say no.

fuck u

• I'll put it simply, Ryan is willing to actively lose quite a bit of money just to keep this server running and for that I am greatful. Additionally he has decentralized the owner role, creating the game mode owner roles, which I think is a good thing simply in terms of mental health, Seth was almost always harassed when things went wrong even when it wasn't his fault, and I'm happy that Ryan hasn't yet succumbed to that pressure (well he almost did, but we are past that now).

That being said, i do have some complaints with Ryan, but in this case the pros outweigh the cons.

(Sorry if this post sounds like a bunch of rambling it's early in the morning, i will fix later)

Tizz While it’s been historically run like that, this vision isn’t enforceable anymore since Mark has transferred the legal ownership to Ryan.

Going from memory, according to Ryan’s words, Mark contemplated letting TotalFreedom’s domain expire rather than passing it to another individual, so it’s hard for me to imagine Mark supporting this vote off rather than putting TF out of its misery.

If Mark wants (wanted) TF to die, then why would he give ownership to Windows? And why do you want TF gone if it still has a community that frequents it (e.g. me).

taah the thing is ryan isnt handed over access, he has total access and ownership of all the resources to run the server including the domain, therefore there is no need for elections or any of that bs. it’s his server now and we are members. change happens, u cant prevent it. we’re not always going to use the same system because everyone is used to it

You didn't read what I said. Wild was elected via community vote, and thus the ownership should be subject to community approval. No we can't prevent it, which is why I (and others in this and before this thread) have complained about this change)

taah “nothing can’t be done,” we thats because you dont have any involvement in the development of our server. if you want to make changes, make suggestions, if you want to add something to the server, make suggestions. ryan perfectly is open to suggestions with enough valid reasoning behind it from my experience in DMing him.

So my opinion is "invalid" because I don't play that often on the server? I have made plenty of suggestions that are still being processed, so I don't get why you're acting as if I'm complaining just for the sake of complaining?'

MagAgentV3 How is it getting out of hand? Do you just want the thread to be closed because you disagree with the subject matter?

DragonSlayer2189 I’ll put it simply, Ryan is willing to actively lose quite a bit of money just to keep this server running and for that I am greatful.

i think i remember ivan sending a picture of atlas’ net worth of like -£2000 or something, ryans losing money to keep tf alive and people are trying to kick him

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• I'll be honest this is an absolutely incredible waste of time. Not only is it impossible to "vote off" the sole proprietor to the totalfreedom name, but the fact that you rushed to make this suggestion after messaging an executive about "finding a solution" is in very poor taste. You chose to take matters into your own hands for some reason and in that regard lose a lot of face as consequence. There are much better ways to go about things and while I don't always agree with how Ryan does things around here I'm not going to sit and watch another one of these unpalatable shitpot escapades unravel because quite frankly it was never funny in the first place; inevitably, this is just another vain attempt at throwing shade at Ryan for some arbitrary reason when that energy can be better expended elsewhere.