Allow Chatbots under certain conditions.

• I think chatbots (macros, client chat bots with commands, stuff like RusherBot on 2b2t) should be allowed as long as they stay within /msg and don't flood chat as they don't harm the server alot if they're only in chat and private messages.

• Due to us now going by the community guidelines, this is already the case. Chat bots are allowed (we currently have two players having made their own playerlist bot) as long as they're not breaking any rules.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Personally i run my bot on my main account, could it be possible that there could be like a port a player could connect through that redirects them to the server but temporarily disables the activity index?

• Chatbots are fine as long as they don't break the rules. There's one cool one that brought back tf!l so like I see no problem with unless there are incidents where they were used to break rules. As for macros, admins are not allowed to use them to administrate.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• So bots are allowed, as long as they're not spammy / causing other issues with the server or network as a whole. If they turn out to be problematic in the future further restrictions might get put in place on what we allow but for the time being I don't really think it's a major issue and hasn't been since the thread was made, so happy to approve this given bots are already allowed.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 September 18, 2022 at 12:20 AM

Closed the thread.