How did you learn about TF?

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • y’know, how did you realize “TotalFreedom” existed?

i’ll start: some guy spammed a hacked client (aristois)’s irc with some ip and i decided to join. unfortunately for me, I joined right before the completion of Project Phoenix and my newly-finished map art (a windows 7 desktop, to be exact) was wiped clean a few hours later

• i was bored and wanted to try free-op servers. i stumbled upon a video called "top X free-op servers"
    totalfreedom was number 1 (?) on that list and it was stated that it was cracked. when i tried to join tf on tlauncher, tf responded with an expected error. on my 12th birthday, i got my first debit card (which i then quickly lost) and i bought minecraft license. i was so so excited to experience totalfreedom and hypixel, i almost broke my table when i lost my first game in hypixel. my brother quickly fixed it, so it wasnt much of a problem.

• In summer 2013 I was at a sleepover at my friends house and he showed me TF for the first time I think.

ever since then i played on and off, every couple months remembering the ip of the server and joining, getting addicted for a year or so and then taking a break.

• I was serching for servers that I could get admin on easily because I was young and power hungry ( it was 2016 at the time) I joined and made a museum thing of shulker boxes with crazy items (this schematic still exist somewhere, I’ve seen it, but I don’t remember the schem name 😢 ) afterwards I think I moved onto a different server and didn’t come back until I stumbled apon it in 2019 again, and now I’m here

• I kept hearing people talk about TF and I had no clue what they were saying so I looked it up a few years back, this was when I was a Senior on FreedomForever. I was inactive for a long time then I came back in like 2019-2020.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• googled free-op servers, found CJFreedom, then ended up in a variety of off-brand freedom servers, eventually ended up on FOP, then both FOP and CJF died, so i migrated here.

now im stuck here

1gaah.png

• Well it was around 2016 apparently, I was much of a new mc player (started in 2015), and I was randomly searching for minecraft servers. I remember reading a bit about the server and thinking "this sounds fun!" and since then i'm apparently here for 6 years already.

• being the clueless person I was when I was like 10, I took embarrassingly long to find FOP, and then somewhere along that line, I found out about TF as the more... original one, and stuck with it (to the point I didn't even know FOP ever went down) ^(^(^(^(^(^(also somehow I became SA at 12; I don't like to think about it or about 12-year-old me in general))))))

• @'r00t' oh i have an interesting story. get ready.

The year? 2015. The server? MCOrigins. A server owned by ExplodingTNT. It's biggest staple is plots, Red Plots and Blue plots, two different servers. Red plots is primarily for just for random stuff, but blue is where all the cool kids go.

2015-early 2016 were pretty relaxed based on what i remember, some guilds like Herobrine Clan or something existed but i barely remember it. However, a youtuber named "Pink Sheep" made a video reviewing plots on the server. This caused lots of little annoying kids to flood the server and naming themselves "gangsters".

Lots of pink plots with way too many ugly diamond blocks appeared and other plots like banner & head shops became obsolete. Until a small group of players in Update 1.12 when toolbars were added transported & weird items with "custom enchantments" and "cool names" were found in chests on peoples plots.

I had my own group of people who were against the wars on the server and wanted to prevent people from griefing other plots by asking little kids to /p trust them, but another group wanted a "monopoly on peace" or something. I used invisibility potions and investigated their plot. I found that they were the source of these cool items and in a secret room surrounded by glass was an item frame with a book in it.

A sign under the glass casing said: "How to make Custom Items" (or something along those lines)
    Using a bug where i break and middle click insanely fast i managed to obtain it. It linked to this server.