Anarchy Season 1 - Feedback & Suggestions

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Hi Folks,

Now that the Anarchy server is well under way, I'd appreciate if any feedback / suggestions for future game-modes could be put on this thread. This should make it easier for me to figure out if we want to run a variant of this in the future or not, and if we do what sort of structure we might want to make it.

I am aware we had a few performance issues at the start, and we're working through those at the moment so hopefully we should not see a repeat of the initial poor performance again the next time we run an event like this, but just any other feedback would be appreciated.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Install a simple shop plugin, specifically one that lets you sell items. You would need to install Vault for this too. Make it so that you can sell specific items, change these items daily so players have a goal to drive towards.

Sell “Lives” for $10,000 each - players will need to sell a lot of items to be able to pay for this, but when they do they will be able to die once and be revived.

Increase the price of “Lives” per purchase.

If you are unable to buy a “Life” before you die, you will remain banned without chance of appeal.

This will shift the nature of the beginnings of a player’s journey to making enough money to buy a life - we will see an increase in player retention (you’re welcome Tizz). After a player has a “Life”, they will probably then focus on doing more traditional anarchy activities.

I have a very similar setup on my server, except we use “Gravestones” that allow players to keep their inventory on death if you purchase a “Gravestone”. It keeps players engaged.

@' 5 ' i object to the shop idea. that creates an official currency, a central economy (on an anarchy server?? with dupes??), acts as extra inventory space when people price stuff impossibly high, isn’t in the spirit of anarchy, and makes the game easier.

I don’t think you understood me at all really. Player’s won’t be able to sell to each other, only to the server. They cannot choose the prices, the server sets the prices. There aren’t even ‘prices’ per say, because players will only be able to sell one time of item per day - and this item changes every day.

@' 5 ' i also don’t like the idea of “lives” since that’s what totems are for. once a totem and a dupe exploit exist at the same point in time, both totems and “lives” will lose all their value. and before you say dupe exploits don’t exist in 1.18.2.. yes they do, you just aren’t in on them.

If there is a way to disable totems, then everything you have said here will be redundant.

The whole “selling items” idea is simply a placeholder for getting players to perform tasks to keep them on the server, and it rewards them with an extra life/lives. It can be replaced by randomised daily objectives that, when completed, give you a life; but this would be too easy.

RedEastWood Sell “Lives” for $10,000 each

i like the shop idea but the lives idea in practicality i don't think would work

people who grind the anarchy will have many lives and are able therefore to do more pvp with those that don't grind, therefore creating a large power dynamic between the people who join and the people who are active

2b2t has a very rough spawn as an anarchy server so if people with higher lives who are "encouraged to do more traditional anarchy activities" camp spawn its just unfair for those who join
    this of course could already happen with people with lots of gear but i think it would be more often as they don't have the threat of dying

i've seen hardcore anarchy servers on mc and they're usually the same concept however have a death timer
    these types of servers need something new about them to actually make them viable since otherwise there are hundreds are other servers that do it better than us lol

but what do i know, people being scared for their lives all season sounds boring as fuck and i can't predict a server's activities

square people who grind the anarchy will have many lives and are able therefore to do more pvp with those that don’t grind, therefore creating a large power dynamic between the people who join and the people who are active

I agree, which is why I also suggested increasing the price of lives per purchase. Now this can be as extreme as we can agree on, I don’t mind. I was thinking of doubling the price of lives per purchase; so getting one life will be difficult, but getting two or more lives will be incredibly difficult.

square this of course could already happen with people with lots of gear but i think it would be more often as they don’t have the threat of dying

I think I wasn’t too clear on how frequently/easily people can get lives. I was sort of thinking of a week or two of gameplay to be able to afford one life, and possibly months to be able to afford two or more.

I do agree with your concern though, but I do think this is better than just dying and being banned because it gives players something to work towards.