Lá Fhéile Pádraig

• Happy Paddy's Day Totalfreedom people

For those that don't know, St Patrick's day is the day we celebrate some Welsh bloke, as an Irish person i honestly have no clue why, I just know he came over and got rid of all the snakes. It is celebrates St Patrick and Christianity arriving in Ireland.

What I like most about this day is the celebration of Irish culture, or what's left of it. From Irish dancing and traditional Irish music, there is a lot of it. Our language is something we are really trying to save as it is quickly dying, the majority of people assume that english is Ireland's national language when really its Irish - Gaeilge. Use this day to learn some Gaeilge!!

dia duit (deea dwuit) - hello
    conas atá tú? (cunas atah too) - how are you?
    tá mé go maith (tah mey guh mah) - i am good
    go raibh maith agat (guh reav mah agat) - thank you
    slán (slawn) - bye

and pls i beg of you, its not st pattys day. In ireland we dont celebrate st paddys day as the rest of the world does, yeah there's a few parades but not much.

Wear some green!! ☘️
    Let me know what Paddy's day is like in your country too!

bowie Our language is something we are really trying to save as it is quickly dying, the majority of people assume that english is Ireland’s national language when really its Irish - Gaeilge.

When you speak English with someone, you touch their mind. However, when you speak their own language, you touch their heart.

I hope you have a great day!