Submit TotalFreedom Logos for Voting!

• Make Logo Submissions Here!

If you are submitting a design read this section ↓↓↓↓

I've been looking at this post recently, and talked a bit with Coco about going forward with this. So in this post we are asking for your ideas on how you think the server's logo, and overall branding should look. Feel free to leave any ideas or suggestions in the comments on this forum post, or even post your own designs.

The logos submitted here will be reviewed by me and coco, and we will throw out any joke responses or any that we don't think are fit for the server at all or that don't meet the submission guidelines. We haven't decided exactly when we will hold the final voting, but when we do, we will make sure that everyone is notified. If you wish to keep the current logo, don't worry, that will be an option for voting as well.

• I ask this in an effort to understand what the plan is, here:

Will this be checked by Ryan? Months back when I and a few others raised up the idea of a new logo, Ryan mentioned how it wouldn’t change as it wasn’t so urgent, or something along those lines.

DragonSlayer2189 SUBMITTIONS

Submissions*

@'wxtermelon' Submissions*

Damn it i missed one, its fixed now

@'wxtermelon' Will this be checked by Ryan? Months back when I and a few others raised up the idea of a new logo, Ryan mentioned how it wouldn’t change as it wasn’t so urgent, or something along those lines.

Yes, after the voting of course ryan will get the final say on if it will actually happen or not, but seeing as how the community feels so strongly about changing the logo, I think its good to at the very least get some submissions for how a new logo would potentially go. Don't expect all of the branding for the server just to suddenly change, it will take some time

• @'dillon ' I agree, but not everyone else does, there has been a strong push from the community in the recent years to get it changed, but there will be an option on the voting to keep it how it is, so if you wish to keep the current logo, you should vote for that

• Right now I am somewhat reluctant to be changing the logo because we do that so frequently and it's really not great from a brand identity position.

I agree the current logo could use improvement and I've seen some excellent suggestions, so it may well be we identify something that looks good and it goes on ice for a little bit until I'm ready to roll such a change out.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'Ryan' I agree the current logo could use improvement and I’ve seen some excellent suggestions, so it may well be we identify something that looks good and it goes on ice for a little bit until I’m ready to roll such a change out.

Yeah thats essentially the plan, I just want to make sure that we actually have some sort of process this time because, at least from what I remember, last time we switched all of our logos, it just kinda happened, no real voting or anything, it just changed one day. and i don't think thats good for a community driven server

• Think of it this way; if for some reason we DO need a logo change, we'll have a pile of logos we can sit on instead of making it on scratch.

Along with that, this will allow the community to do participate together in something and let them put in their opinions. If some opinions are very close to each other, the day the logo change does happen we could fuse them together and base it upon the forms we collect?

ketchup aX0Qxn3.png

• Some personal opinions on what I've seen so far (this is nothing official, just some feedback as an individual):

DragonSlayer2189 I dig the aesthetic nature of this logo, but I don't think I would be able to stand seeing it for months on end. It would be great for a cyberpunk-themed event, but otherwise I don't think this would be great for long-term use.

Rhymix This one is a more polished variant of the current logo, using the phoenix to symbolize this server's historical resilience. It looks beautiful with the color choice (seriously, well done), but I feel like it's sort of brutal foreshadowing should something happen in the future.

simplynick This one feels a lot like a "return to roots" logo. It's simple and doesn't try to add any hidden meaning to the logo or its symbolism. It's like a refined combination of two of the most commonly used logos in the past, combining the Minecraft orientation with the extreme simplicity that comes from them individually. Given that I love the concept of returning to our roots, I dig this so much.

image.png

• i feel like the server should have 1 main logo design and all other logos should be based of of that one
    meaning the logo we have now would have 12 stages (1 for each month) these would represent the history and current events

codium multimatter redanium sporres

•   Rhymix The first one's cleaner than the version I've seen before (maybe it was just pixel artefacts idk)
    I like the second one but I'd wait some time to make sure it doesn't age like milk 😛

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

•   Rhymix
    1: my favorite so far. i noticed the flames are skewed a little diagonally and i don't know if that's intentional. it becomes more noticeable the smaller you make the design.

2: looks really great on the dark forum appearance, but when you view it over white (try disabling night mode) it looks bad. a black outline or drop shadow would improve the contrast.