[Download] The Flatlands Archival Project, from October to December 2021

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I have always wanted to archive the server's worlds for long-term prosperity, but there has been a problem: Ryan has outright refused to provide me FTP access to the server's worlds. Despite the fact that I didn't have direct access to these worlds, in October 2021 I decided to download the Flatlands anyways in an extremely unorthodox fashion that didn't require it. Using a combination of the World Downloader, Baritone, and Meteor client mods, I left my computer on 24/7 non-stop for several weeks to load in the world chunks by walking to sets of coordinates that incremented by 250 blocks per circulation. My client would then automatically save the chunks to disk as soon as I unloaded them.

The download itself isn't perfect; on dozens of occasions I would lose connection to the server as it would either crash or kick me for being AFK. Because my combination of mods wasn't very tolerant towards sudden world changes, my client would constantly crash or completely lock up when these situations occurred. This means there is a very slight chance that some regions are corrupted, but I'm hoping that it is mostly intact otherwise.

Enjoy.

Download link: https://archive.org/details/totalf…06b9433819fc373

image.png

•   enchy Columbus Griefing mandates flying at ludicrous speeds with the goal of lagging or even crashing the server, rapidly generating chunks. Video was doing his archival work by going at a leisurely pace, committing no harm to the server.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png