Hub Moderator Application - ginlang/whenyoufart

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). - Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.
    My IGN is ginlang

What is your Discord account details (Note that being in the TF Discord Guild (or server, whatever you wanna call it...) is mandatory) - Post your username#discriminator here
    ginlang#6942

What date did you first join the Total Freedom forum? (MM/DD/YY). - Required 1 month forum registration.
    Nov 1 2020

How often can you be on the server to perform administrative duties? State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week. We realize that school or work will prevent constant service.
    Depending on school and homework etc, around 3-5 hours on week days.

What describes you best? Choose student, employed, unemployed, or retired.
    Student

What continent do you live on? (e.g. N. America, Europe, Asia, Australia/Oceania).
    Europe (Specifically the United Kingdom)

What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good moderator? (Answer with a short paragraph).
    I would consider myself pretty experienced, as I've owned and moderated many previous servers. I would also consider myself cooperative and open to (new) ideas discussed.

Can you handle being a staff member without it negatively affecting your school grades, work, family, real life, etc? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.
    Yes

Are your accounts secure? Meaning are your passwords strong, not easily brute-forced, and not used across multiple websites?
    Yes

note from author: Due to the recent crashes going on, if I am available I could respond to any crashers by banning them from the hub to prevent them from attempting to lag out the hub etc (an incident happened yesterday as of writing this where the hub was extremely laggy.)
    Thank you for reading and have a great day.

• Vouch, I believe that you will do very well in handling both being an Admin on the Freedom game mode and a moderator for the hub. Plus you seem like a really cool person and very mature when it comes to handling different situations.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

@'ginlang | whenyoufart' Europe (Specifically the United Kingdom)

Object, there are already 2 UK hub mods. The reason my application was on hold for so long is because there was not a demand for hub moderators. There certainly isn’t now that I’ve been approved.

• Fuck, I've left this longer than what I would've liked to. Apologies.

Anyways to get into it I've had a little bit of a think about this one. You forgot to put your timezone in here but I'm pretty sure from interacting with you and such that you're in and around the same timezone as myself in the UK so what I'm saying will be based on that.

So the slight issue I had was that out of the 4 hub moderators, myself included, 3 of us are around that same 1-2 hour timezone bracket, which is a bit of a high concentration.

However since there are still only a small number of us and since issues that require attention have been cropping up I feel like it's not a bad idea to at least have some numbers since the inability to rely on a small handful of people to deal with issues on the hub is exactly why this role is a thing.

So, with positive feedback from the community and no real issues from my end of things, I'm going to approve this application. Welcome to the team!

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.