[GUIDELINE] TotalFreedom Development Guidelines

• First and foremost, for the community, I want to make it clear that I'm in charge of the development team. Any questions regarding development progress in any form must be directed to me. In terms of development, the only people who are able to make any decisions in that regard is Ryan, Steven, and myself.

It is imperative that changes which are not requested or listed in the form of a ticket will not be implemented under any circumstances. I also want to make it clear that Ryan has very minimal involvement over development; that falls under my jurisdiction, and I encourage users to contact me rather than Ryan for issues regarding this subject. This includes things like "something no longer works" or "what is taking so long for this update".

And for the developers, here are the new development guidelines:

TotalFreedom Development Guidelines:

1. Development must be done in small commits and pull requests. There should not be any sort of large feature implementation or overall code redesign bulked up into one central pull request.
    2. Commits must include a reference to the ticket which the commit relates to. If there is no open ticket, do not make the commit. You are free to open a ticket and it will be up to Steven and me to decide whether or not that ticket gets selected for development.
    3. The Jira is a very useful resource and has all the current tickets which are selected for development, sorted by order priority. You must actively mark tickets as in progress and completed once the requirements are fulfilled.
    4. Only tickets which are marked as "Selected For Development" or "Expedited" should be implemented. anything else should be ignored.
    5. We will no longer be maintaining any custom builds of any project. We do not have the developer capacity to meet the requirements for this, and it is in the overall best interest to drop out as much custom projects as possible, ideally all of them.
    6. If you do not have the time to contribute to the team, or you are investing more time into other projects rather than actively contributing to development, your developer status will be at risk of being rescinded. If this happens, you will be required to make active commits and PRs to development before being considered for reinstatement.
    7. When testing release candidates, you must follow the proper guidelines for testing, outlined here.

Please DM me if there are any questions.

Edited 4 times, last by Paldiu (November 29, 2022 at 2:34 AM).

• Paldiu September 14, 2022 at 2:01 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Development Expectations Moving Forward” to “[GUIDELINE] TotalFreedom Development Guidelines”.