EssentialsXDiscord

• This suggestion is for the platforms that currently use DiscordSRV (such as events-01, anarchy-01).

EssentialsXDiscord is a module of EssentialsX that brings a 'simple' and 'easy-to-use' bridge between Minecraft and Discord. I've not done much research into how it performs compared to DiscordSRV, but from what I've heard it works pretty well.

There's a few key features that I like about this module, such as being able to define exactly which in-game commands server members can use. This can be used to grant more commands easily to server members, such as /tps. If this is also installed on Freedom-01, we can make it so people can run /opall from the server, too.

There's also an option to disable everyone seeing what commands you do. This can prevent the chat being spammed with a lot of commands, but for our server I think having commands visible is best, to keep a track of who does what (we do have console for that too, though).

By default, pings and markdown filters are enabled, but this can be disabled if needed. You can also define 'admin-roles' and 'allowed-roles' - these are to define which roles can perform which command.

I believe that EssentialsXDiscord will be a great addition to our server, as a move away from DiscordSRV. It's not something that's urgent to replace but I know that in the next few weeks more servers are launching so it would be good to try something like this out.

• It's something we've been trialling but haven't rolled out further. There have been some snags we've been working through but nothing impossible.

I think the long term aspiration is also to replace most if not all of the tfm discord integration with this or a similar solution so yeah no objections from me.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'wxtermelon' This suggestion is for the platforms that currently use DiscordSRV (such as events-01, anarchy-01)

I'm pretty sure anarchy-01 uses EssentialsXDiscord, but I do vouch for this.
    I haven't used it at all, but DiscordSRV is kinda iffy, so it would be interesting to see what EssentialsXDiscord brings us.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• I can confirm the events server uses EssentialsDiscord, and it looks like the anarchy one uses it too. This should be locked and tagged as approved.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• It should be noted that EssentialsDiscord, or the versions I've used in the past, do not seem to properly handle spam and this can result in the ratelimiting of the integration. However, if you use another plugin to ratelimit players it should be fine.

• Official Post

Happy to approve changing from DiscordSRV To EssentialsXDiscord where it's used. From what I can see the following servers will need to be changed over

Freedom-01 will continue (For the time being and out of scope of this suggestion) remain using it's own Discord bridge solution.

New Servers bought into the network will also use EssentilsXDiscord

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 July 20, 2022 at 6:25 PM

Closed the thread.