Need help building a PC

• So basically building a PC is fucking hard apparently. Here's the problems: So basically, we plugged everything in to our PSU and motherboard. We plugged the ATX and CPU in from the PSU. We also plugged a VGA cable from the PSU to the GPU. There's also an AIO cooler and we plugged all those fans in. The fans (and the RGB) work fine. However, the GPU will not work at all. The fans at the bottom don't spin and I get no signal. Yes, I plugged the HDMI into the GPU and not into the motherboard HDMI. Also, we're not getting any USB power at all. If I plug in my keyboard it doesn't turn on. I've spent about three hours trying to get this shit to work

The motherboard is a MSI B550 Tomahawk and the GPU is a RX 6600 XT. The CPU is a Ryzen 7 5800X and the CPU is 750W (Gold I'm pretty sure) so I don't think it should have any problem powering the stuff. There's also a SATA and peripheral port. I don't have any SATA devices and am not sure what the peripheral port does so I didn't use it.

Any advice?

• Have you checked to ensure the cables from the case are connected to the correct slots? It happens to me twice while building my PC. And I'm pretty sure you'll need to ensure the RAM is seated correctly to get everything to work. Please let me know if that's incorrect - it's just from my experience trying to start my PC, but it turns out I didn't insert the RAM properly.

• wild1145 November 2, 2022 at 7:03 PM

Selected a post as the best answer.