Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @'Ryan' The people on this server you’re appealing to are by and large under the age of 16 so they are bound to make jokes about racism. They already do, but they do it in a way that doesn’t get them banned.

This game mode is destined to fail because it doesn’t accomplish what it says on the tin and there are legitimate anarchy servers that you can have fun on and simulate an interaction with people without the obfuscation of rules that prevent people from airing what they want to say on a server that is by the way for Minecraft, a video game people shouldn’t be taking seriously.

•   resident_user You seem to have written a two paragraph thread justifying why racism is acceptable because it's minecraft…

This isn't a permanent game-mode, it's designed to be a few weeks of something a bit different because everyone complains they want it. I won't sit here and create something that allows people to break the law or be racist dickbags to one another. That's not the experience I want here.

As I've said in the previous replies as well, there might well be better names for what this game-mode is, I wanted something a bit different, and in reality it probably is closer to hardcore survival than it is anarchy, it was intended to have a chaotic and anarchist twist on it and that's it.

We're not one of the other servers, and if you want pure anarchy, this wouldn't be the game-mode to do it on anyway, frankly I don't want "Pure Anarchy", because like you said, it's been done a hundred times before.

I'll also say, if the community as a whole genuinely doesn't want this, I'll bin it now and save myself the work and go focus on doing something else. I only created this because there has been pretty consistent demand for both a longer term SMP type server, and anarchy.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Also please note launch date has had to be pushed back due to the last week of forum issues.

Wild1145

• @'Ryan' I will address this whole thing in a linear way because of how long it is and because I’m on mobile.

You wrote a longer response to something I didn’t even consider that lengthy. I just thought it was necessary to get my point across even though I believe it to be self-evident.

I think you’re being disingenuous in your reply or you actually believe that people who trade racist remarks online are being dicks to one another when nine times out of ten and especially on Minecraft they’re engaging in something other people haven’t been let in on.

What you should say is “I’m not comfortable with people using racial slurs” because anything else is misconstruing how people act on your server. It’s kind of a boogeyman attempt to act like there are real racists just waiting to ride horses and burn crosses that your rule preventing users from using the N-word will prevent them from doing.

Anyway, an anarchy server just holding up to what the loose idea of anarchy is doesn’t make it “pure anarchy.” Rather, if you are calling yourself an anarchy server and you keep your players on a leash then you’re not hosting an anarchy server. It’s like calling real freedom servers “pure freedom” and then having a freedom server that restricts ops– oop–

If there has been a demand for anarchy then it should signal there has been an underlying demand for an environment where players don’t have the ball and chain. Instead, creating a server where all the features are taken away and they are exclusively given the element of that restriction does not produce something desirable.

•   resident_user My reply was intended to cover other general comments I was expecting off the back of this conversation, apologies if it had sounded like it was purely targeting your response.

I do genuinely believe that when individuals make racist remarks it's inappropriate, there is no need for it and given the age ranges the server attracts, I don't think it's really something I'd want younger people hearing, or frankly anyone being subject to. That's ignoring the fact I've had a lot of complaints when I first took over running the server that people were allowed to be racist towards other individuals and get away with it. The community has up to now been pretty clear it as a whole doesn't want racist / similar (Ie Sexist / Homophobic etc) behaviour because people want to come on and have a chilled out environment, not somewhere they feel personally attacked or have to witness others being attacked.

I've already said, Anarchy may not be the best description for this game-mode, it's certainly inspired by anarchy, but I couldn't think of a better and accurate name for it, I'm happy for suggestions to be made to change it on this thread, but I was hoping people would be more interested in the content of the event, not the name on the door.

If people want an environment to target / attack other players, using racist, sexist or other similar language, then I'll quite happily cut my losses and those players with it. I don't want or plan to host an environment for those types of individuals, if that ends up killing TF in the longer term, I'll have killed it content that I didn't open the door to that group(s) of people.

Again, if you don't like the game-mode, please don't play it. You don't have to and I wouldn't want you to play something you don't agree with. Likewise, if there is a general consensus (As I said, and this is open to everyone) that this Anarchy event isn't what they want, you and others are encouraged to vote here: https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/3715-anarchy…irmation-thread

Wild1145

• Updated with some clarification on the rules, a new (Final!) start date and time as well as info on the world border.

Wild1145

• For those wondering why it didn't kick off at 4PM Today, it's because I had a small brain moment and thought it was tomorrow at 4PM, which is now will be.

Wild1145

• My thanks to folks that have joined and that have been patient as we work through a lot of teething issues.

We have identified some issues with Ptero and our deployment of Ptero, which looks to be causing some of the performance issues, we're going to be looking to stand up an additional node in Ptero which should start to take some of this load, and I'll also see if we can increase the CPU allocation on the current node which should help things.

Wild1145