Opinion On Gay Rights?

•   melonsked I don't think belittling people over their (perhaps nonsensical & bigoted) beliefs helps you in pulling them towards your position, especially when some have repeatedly said that they find your tag line "Hope this helps!" to be passive-aggressive.

Are you really trying to convince anybody?

•   melonsked

You are being purposefully obtuse. If your goal is indeed to persuade people over to your side, then a good start would be to quit the childish name-calling and disingenuine attacks:

Your “opinion” (quotes because invalid) is propagandistic law

Allowing invalid opinions is in no way productive.

There is no such thing as an "invalid" opinion.

Your warped perception gives you quite the objective view.

Supporting everyone is not hard… like at all. Learn some empathy.

I would expect such a cretin to instinctively deflect from the truth when presented with it.

Considering you’re used to only two pronouns, the weight of a third pronoun (they/them) must be a large task for your ragworm-sized brain to interpret.

Your beliefs are severely skewed, warped around your flawed environment likely due to bad parenting or lack thereof, and quite frankly invalid.

Examples of your condescending and insulting tone.

You also made up this definition to push your agenda.

Do realize that in this entire thread, you're the only one insulting another party over their beliefs. I don't disagree with you that holding beliefs that "being gay/trans is a choice and unnatural" are certainly troubling, but thus far you have certainly not shown that you're interested in a genuine open discussion.
    If you can't argue in good faith without resorting to petty name-calling or getting upset, then you shouldn't participate in the discussion. If you think this discussion shouldn't be had at all because it is insulting to marginalized groups, then report the thread to a moderator.

If this was in DD it wouldn't suprise me if your comments were removed.

•   Miwojedk Part of my persuasion tactic is to provoke. I don't recall name-calling but I also wouldn't be surprised if I've let a few names slip out.

Obviously, the validity of an opinion is within the eyes of the beholder and obviously, the validity will vary from person to person. Personally, I think bigoted opinions are invalid, I was expressing my side.

The first quote is not condescending, the second quote is passive, the third is name-calling, the fourth is name-calling and the fifth is mildly passive.

By countering my methods you are inadvertently defending the side that insults me and everyone like me. I think I have the right to insult where I feel insulted. I feel supremely insulted by the neglect of the human rights of marginalized people. My goal is not some respectable discussion, people who are wrong should know they're wrong and I will assert that where I see fit. I don't know where you get the idea that I'm trying to be respectable.

I also don't get why you are denying me to speak in this chat, an open forum that I am choosing to speak in. If you're so upset by my methods, maybe you should reconsider your involvement here. I am not bothered at all by your presence here, the only thing that bothers me is when you counter my opinion considering you agree with me (I think).

Also, that sounds like a you problem if you're offended by your perceived tone of my text.

I don't know what DD is.

Hope this helps!

• I'm going to lock this at this point. Its no longer on topic and it's clear it won't naturally make its way back there.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK